536 and the WiFi dongle

yankees6161

I bought a 536, it didn’t come with the WiFi dongle, I’m thinking about buying the the dongle. Curious to know how well it works with the app. I have a iPhone 13 mini

Ubbe

iPhone app works and the Android version will give you some additional info that the 536 display do not have, but it only works on Android 5 and lower versions. I use an old Samsung phone next to my computer screen to instantly see what the scanner do. If you have your scanner in one room you can use the app in another room or outside by your swimming pool and catch all the action and you can also control your scanner. I use the app a lot when fiddling with roof antennas and checking if signals improve or not.

You can't select a channel in access point mode where you have a direct connection from the scanner to your app, and I have a WiFi transmitter at ch1 and the 536 selects to use ch2, which then are interfered and short ranged as each WiFi transmitter are +/-3ch wide.

You also have Unidens RH536 app for windows that looks like a big HP-1/2 display on screen, very easy to read, that can use the WiFi connection to monitor and control the 536.

/Ubbe