536 better reception then 436?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

I am getting to know the 536. Very nice compared to my old Radio Shack pro hand helds that I used 10 years ago. I want to listen both at home and in my vehicle. Since I have an old console in center I think the 536 will go there. Just wondering if my second should be the portable. Don't want to give range tho but I like the idea of not being tethered with a power cord

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dewey

Don't quite understand what you're asking, but my bet is that the reception will depend more on the antenna rather than the ?36 that you use.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You might want to look at the 536 product launch video from around the 15:30 mark.

Uniden New Scanner Launch - YouTube

The way I'm understanding this is that with an Internet connection, one could have their scanner at home and use a smart phone type device to listen to the scanner "from any where in the world - if you have an internet connection".

If I read previous posts correctly, this feature won't be part of the basic Siren app. Rather it will be a future update later on this year.

So if I'm correct, conceptually your smart phone could become your portable scanner, as long as you are only interested in things you can hear at home where your scanner is.

whsbuss

For those lucky blokes who have both the 536 and 436, how about a side-by-side video on their performance? Particularly on a P25 simulcast system!

lawman210

Bump for anyone who has both side by side who can advise on radio reception. Would I be giving up and distance with the handheld over stock base station?

Wally46

Feed Provider
It has been the same for me. When they both go off on the same channel it's like stereo lol. Seriously though... I'm very surprised that I'm picking up transmissions from 40 miles away on the rubber duck antenna.

lawman210

That's what I wanted to hear. Now just to find a 436 in my area that they don't want an arm and a leg for

Status
Not open for further replies.