536-GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

Is it rather simple, to use the 536 with a GPS?

In other words, can i hook the GPS, to the 536 and be ready to scan, with the full databas?

Thanks

Hit_Factor

If using a gps all you really have to do is select service types in the menu on the scanner after connecting the gps and then drive.

This is the main reason I bought this scanner. Road trips around the country.

I do have a favorites for my county. I know what I want to hear and what freqs they are on. (police mostly, occasionally snow plows, marine and CB 19)

VE6BRW

Yes but even if you have it all set up and working correctly it still won't pick up anything if the database doesn't contain the correct frequencies for the areas that you are traveling through. I find up here around Grande Prairie, Alta there are so many incorrect or missing frequencies/users and submitting them takes so long to get them in right and in the right areas.

bee

I have the HomePatrol with a GPS.
Then, using a GPS with the 536, would be about the same as using a GPS with the HomePatrol. Correct?

There is a lot, I dont understand about the 536, i probably will order one, when they get the problems sloved, with the 536.

Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have the HomePatrol with a GPS.
Then, using a GPS with the 536, would be about the same as using a GPS with the HomePatrol. Correct?

There is a lot, I dont understand about the 536, i probably will order one, when they get the problems sloved, with the 536.

Thanks
If you're using your HP-1 with a GPS, then you wouldn't have a problem using either the 536, or 436, with one. The main difference would be that the 536/436 would also work on the P25 Phase 2 systems that the HP-1 does not load.

I haven't taken a trip yet with my 436, but next time I do, I'll use the GPS on it instead of taking the HP-1.

W5RGP

Is it rather simple, to use the 536 with a GPS?

In other words, can i hook the GPS, to the 536 and be ready to scan, with the full databas?

Thanks

Yep it works great I'm a truck driver running coast to coast and love it. I can run from LA to Maine and never have to touch scanner other then an occasional double tap of the avoid key

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.