536 HP usb cable no connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFAlbany

Premium Subscriber
I have a 536, connect the usb cable to PROSCAN and...nothing. toggle the com port box and no com port appears. i get connectivity when i use it for mass storage, but going into device manager and it sees the 536, but there is a ! next to it & i get an error message;

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

I have the machine search for the updated driver but it returns another error message that it was unable to update the driver.
when i try the butel software, virtual control has a list of 39 comm ports; none work. i have a 7 Y.O. Dell XPS. My 396XT works ok with the PROSCAN, but it cant connect to the older Butel software package!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

TF Albany

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have a 536, connect the usb cable to PROSCAN and...nothing. toggle the com port box and no com port appears. i get connectivity when i use it for mass storage, but going into device manager and it sees the 536, but there is a ! next to it & i get an error message;

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

I have the machine search for the updated driver but it returns another error message that it was unable to update the driver.
when i try the butel software, virtual control has a list of 39 comm ports; none work. i have a 7 Y.O. Dell XPS. My 396XT works ok with the PROSCAN, but it cant connect to the older Butel software package!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

TF Albany

This page should help. It has a link to the driver in the Windows Serial Drivers section.

BCD536HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Status
Not open for further replies.