536 in auto to replace 996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
I saw a snapshot of the rear of the 536. Does it take the same power connectors (auto and AC) as the 996XT? That would make my life easier with my existing in console mount.

The only thing is I will have to open the center console every time I want to change a setting, unless Siren is actually working properly.

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
Haven't made the purchase yet. Will I be able to do DMR down the road with the 996P2? I would hate to start out obsolete.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Eng74

Then you have to go with the 536. The power cables are the same for the 536 and 996 scanners so it should be plug and play.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm that having gone from a 996XT to a 536 in my truck.

Yes it does re-boot at vehicle start-up, but that's not an issue for me.

I use a de-commissioned iPhone 4 in a charging cradle mounted on my dash with the Siren App. "Most" everything I need to do can be done from the iPhone, except adjust volume - gotta open the console for that. Tolerable but inconvenient.

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm that having gone from a 996XT to a 536 in my truck.

Yes it does re-boot at vehicle start-up, but that's not an issue for me.

I use a de-commissioned iPhone 4 in a charging cradle mounted on my dash with the Siren App. "Most" everything I need to do can be done from the iPhone, except adjust volume - gotta open the console for that. Tolerable but inconvenient.

Thanks! I will have to test the Android app as well. If it works OK, I will recycle an old device or grab a small cheap tablet. Oh, I wish they had the remote head for these newer models. I will miss mine dearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.