536 ISSUE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

durango5550

Booger D.
Hello all !

Got an interesting issue going on with my 536. I am listening to the WVSIRN system , mainly Marshall and Ohio county law enforcement. I can hear everything in Marshall county just fine. But for some reason I am not picking up anything in Ohio county thats on the same system.

I have even done a complete reinstall of sentinel , a complete reset of the 536 and reprogrammed with new install of sentinel. Services are selected , and nothing is avoided. I even set the scanner to ID search and still nothing from Ohio county.

This issue has got me puzzled

Dan

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Do you have unitrunker or pro96 com or other scanner to look at the tower the 536 is missing your target agencies on to see if they haven't just moved or gone encrypted etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Some large systems like that one only broadcast if it has a radio on that talk group affiliated with the site your scanner is hearing. How close are you to the Ohio County Site? Just for the purpose of testing have you locked out all sites except Ohio County to see if the scanner hears anything or even sees the control channel? Have you tried to go the Ohio County near the site to see if you receive any traffic?

durango5550

Booger D.
Looks like Ohio is Simulcast as well - do you have Marshall sites and Ohio Co?

I am only listening to the WVSIRN system , i have three sites programmed into my scanners favorites list along with Ohio county SO , Wheeling PD and nothing else. I did have marshall but to troubleshoot this issue I only put Ohio county so and wheeling talkgroups in my favorites and still nothing.

Been listening to the same system on a live feed and who ever is broadcasting that feed is not having issues. as it works just fine. I have a friend who can hear everything on his 396xt and all the info matches.

As for checking the site , The 536 is hearing the CC channel.

I really think something took a dump in this scanner but I am at a loss as to what it could be

Dan

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I don't think it's a hardware issue because you said the trunking system for the other county works good. So it is some wrong data that crept in or a checkbox that got checked or unchecked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Wonder if Ohio County being a simulcast system it's range is limited more so than a single site in another county?

(Our local simulcast system was engineered such that it covers only three miles beyond the county line.)

The principle behind simulcast systems is that several sites with lower power give better in-building coverage than a single "blowtorch power" site.

Status
Not open for further replies.