536 Locks up in Analyze/Discovery not Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeDawg

P25 P2 scanning. While trying to get my new radio working with the local PII system, I had all the sites loaded in, and the closest and very strong site isolated for getting things working.

The DAT/LNK indicator just flickers sporadically with no TGID ever coming up.

Went into Analyze for this site and it locks up great, LNK/DAT steady and signal strength stops flickering as much. Q shows it pegged, activity is now seen.

Going into Discovery for the same site, it works perfectly as well, steady LNK/DAT and signal strength indication. And now, it finally started decoding voice channels with PT0 and PT1 showing up.

Without turning the radio off, going into scan from either Analyze or Discovery has everything working perfectly.

Turn the radio off and back on, all is back to deafness and no lockups. Is this a glitch or am I missing some basic thing?

The radio obviously works, but having to go into Analyze first to get it to lock onto voice channels every time I turn it on is ridiculous.

Oh yeah, has 1.11.20 firmware loaded.

Last edited:

DeDawg

Read another thread about the same (I think) issue and tried the Beta 1.11.23 firmware. It solved the decode and channel lock perfectly. Dunno about the audio someone mentioned being worse, never got to hear much of anything before.

Status
Not open for further replies.