536-Nothing to scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

Updated the database. Now with the favorite list turned on. It says nothing to scan.

It will scan, the full data base.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Try to check the location settings, if your location isn't set, turn location off but put zip code in. Sometimes if your location is on it minimizes the amount of channels scanned, especially if the channels are location specific.... Also turn on some quick keys, if the favorites lists aren't working to see if it will scan that..

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

BMYKEL

I recently had the same issue... in the sentenial program you will see when you go to upload , the ability to toggle your favorites to; monitor on/off and download on/off i switched mine both to on and it worked edit-->edit profile-->scan selection

Last edited:

bee

Uploaded database in sentenial agin. Went out to the car and reloaded the database using the GPS.

Came back in the house and hook it up, and it is working fine.

Don't know what I did wrong, or what I did right.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Sounds you might have inadvertently changed your location at some point. When you connected the GPS device, the proper location was sent to the scanner, overwriting/correcting that possible "bad" location.

ChrisABQ

When you create favorite lists, set quick keys, etc, make sure you save everything. If you don't save, it will not remember your settings. As habit, I save after every change that I make in Sentinel.

KME1BZ

I'm having the same problem. Says "Scan Mode. Nothing to Scan." I've entered zip, monitor/download ON, Quick Keys and saved. Still won't scan Favorites lists.

UPDATE: Just found the problem. I did an "Auto Find" on my location, and now it's scanning the favorites lists.

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I did an "Auto Find" on my location, and now it's scanning the favorites lists.

You're far better off entering your zip code. Auto find tries to figure out your location by listening to nearby systems and identifying them in the database. It can mislocate you by 20 miles or more.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
And then Auto Locate only works with certain types of systems (Motorola and P25). Plus if you do get a "hit" using Auto Locate, the Range of your scanner is changed to 30.0 miles.

Also when using Auto Locate, the "found location" is the location of the system the scanner has received, which as noted above, may be vastly different from where you really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.