536 recordings include alert sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

an39511

I checked my unit and the alert tone did not record. I could have sworn I had herd it before. Odd.

Last edited:

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I checked my unit and the alert tone did not record. I could have sworn I had herd it before. Odd.

Could this be answered by programming an "Alert Tone" on a channel, put the scanner in Record, hold on the channel and break the squelch and then play back the recording?

an39511

Here is something that is interesting. When I tested it I was using the replay and not the record function. I started and tested the record function and it too was not recording the tone however when I had the record function enabled the alert tones were not sounding while listening the live feed.

Bizarre

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Here is something that is interesting. When I tested it I was using the replay and not the record function. I started and tested the record function and it too was not recording the tone however when I had the record function enabled the alert tones were not sounding while listening the live feed.

Bizarre

That is interesting.

I am almost positive that the Alert LED works while recording but I have not tested the Alert Sound. Maybe the record function which records sound interferes with the Alert Sound?

Maybe some others will give this a shot to see what is going on.

an39511

That is interesting.

I am almost positive that the Alert LED works while recording but I have not tested the Alert Sound. Maybe the record function which records sound interferes with the Alert Sound?

Maybe some others will give this a shot to see what is going on.

The Alert light was working normally but there was no Alert Tones playing during the live feed. The original poster said he hears the Alert Tones in the recording. Nothing like consistency huh?

troymail

Silent Key
Just to clarify - I heard an alert tone on a recording of a talkgroup configured with an alert tone. This was a recording made with the FUNC-Replay feature, saved to the SD card, and transferred to a PC and played back.

an39511

Just to clarify - I heard an alert tone on a recording of a talkgroup configured with an alert tone. This was a recording made with the FUNC-Replay feature, saved to the SD card, and transferred to a PC and played back.

Okay, I loaded up the SD card and went to the directory holding the audio files and played them using Windows Media Player and the alert tones were nowhere to be found.

Just as a test. Try turning your radio off and unplug it for 5-10 seconds. Power it back up and do some more recording. Go back and see if the tones are gone. Let me know,

Status
Not open for further replies.