536 Stops scanning, no audio, needs reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ten13

Premium Subscriber
I've been given a question by a friend who is a 536 owner: he leaves his radio on most of the day "in the background," but he finds that, from time to time, the radio stops scanning on a channel, but no audio and also no buttons on the radio work. The result is he's got to reboot the radio each time it happens. The radio is in the NYC/NJ area, so when it stops and with no audio, that in itself is enough to grab ones' attention to it.

Without playing with the radio myself, I recommended checking the squelch level. What I don't know as I write this is whether it stops on the same channel all the time or different ones.

From reading some threads here, I understand that it COULD be a bad card (it may be the OEM card) but, as I say, I haven't had my hands (or computer) on the radio yet. I may later this afternoon (Sat. 12/10), so I don't want to go into it blind.

Is there any known issues along these lines with the 536?

Thanks!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I'd try a new card too. They are inexpensive and if it turns out to be something else, you'll have an extra card. Cards give out eventually and you'll have a replacement on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.