536 vs. SDS 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Can I use the same Sentinel settings (Favorites lists, etc.) that I am using for my 536 for a SDS 200?
You can use the Favorites lists for either model for the other one. Favorites lists can be shared between the 436HP, 536HP, SDS100, and SDS200.

Be sure and use the correct "target model" for your lists. The base information (System type & Name, Departments, & Talkgroups) are used by all four scanners. However, if you set the target model for the SDS200 before editing a list, you would then be able to set or edit the Site NAC, and filters. The SDS100 & SDS200 are considered as separate target models because of the differences in their displays, and some of the other options. The original, default, "Preset" profile works for both the "x36HP" scanners (436HP & 536HP).

I use a separate profile for each scanner. While there is no difference in the Favorites lists between the 436HP & 536HP, by using a separate profile, I can set different sets of Favorites lists to load. All the lists can be used on any of the four compatible models, but there are differences in what I want to load, and/or monitor, for each model.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Can I use the same Sentinel settings (Favorites lists, etc.) that I am using for my 536 for a SDS 200?
Yes! In Sentinel, you can select the model of the radio under the Tools tab. You must have SDS100 or SDS200 selected as the target model to have access to the display editor. When you select a model, you have access to the settings for that particular radio. For instance, the SDS100 and SDS200 have site NAC available where the BCDx36HP scanners do not.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Another good thing about being able to interchange Favorites Lists between the 536 and 200 (as well as the 436 and 100) is that remembering Quick Keys and Channel Number tags is much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.