536hp dept hold dosnt work while in site hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitbr

On the 536hp the scanner wont hold on the dept when the dept key is pressed if site hold is in place.
Anyone else see this?
Tim

JLM7424

using 436hp.

i just tried this , i was holding on a Tg, i locked on site , tried dept hold no luck.

i then unlocked site, placed a hold on Tg and hold on Dept. then was successful in locking hold on site.

Tg hold , Dept- hold , site hold worked on 436hp.

bama9999

I don't see any problem with my 536. It will hold any single system, dept, channel or any combination of the three. Not sure what may be happening with yours. I'm running the latest firmware for the 536.

JoeyC

As the OP said, you cannot hold on a dept and a site at the same time using site hold/dept hold since sites and depts are on the same level. You CAN however do what you wish by assigning each site a quickkey then turning OFF those that you do not want, then you would be free to do a DEPT hold while held on a site.

JamesO

Be careful that the Dept and Site are not confused.

Site is accessed by Function/Dept button, different than Dept.

mitbr

As the OP said, you cannot hold on a dept and a site at the same time using site hold/dept hold since sites and depts are on the same level. You CAN however do what you wish by assigning each site a quickkey then turning OFF those that you do not want, then you would be free to do a DEPT hold while held on a site.

This makes sense and explains why you cant do this.
If I am not in site hold mode but hold on dept does it hold the site?
Tim

JoeyC

I think I may have been wrong when I stated the above. If you hold on a DEPT first, you can then do FUNCTION DEPT and hold on a site. I just learned that!

JoeyC

And remember, if you hold on DEPT and then hold on the SITE but need to change the site while still held on the dept, you can hit DEPT then scroll to the site you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.