536HP impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bchappuie

Got my new 536 yesterday. What a change. The JoCo simulcast is near perfect compared to the PSR500. Was also pulling in KCMO with no issues in Olathe with just stock antenna. No complaints so far. Easy setup, and had my favorites ready to go, so i was scanning live traffic in under 1/2 hour.

ks_scan

Premium Subscriber
Can you program your own stuff in the 536 or it is home patrol only? I am looking at buying one but want to make sure I can set it up myself if I want vs. using home patrol feature.

Thanks!
Ks_Scan

bchappuie

You can download a version of Sentinel software for x36HP,(free from Uniden) and use that to build favorite list, and set the profile for the radio. Also, you can just put in your zip code and it will find everything within 25 miles of that zip. I built favorites with the software, and then just downloaded them to the scanner. There's a thread in the uniden forums with real good instructions on "Do this when you get the scanner"

ks_scan

Premium Subscriber
Got mine Wednesday and got it up and running in literally minutes! Works great on KSICS and Butler County P25 simulcast. Still working on Sedgwick County P25 system, it's probably 80% and I need to find some more tweaks to make it better, but overall it's a great product. I really like that I can program it like I did the 996XT, or use it in HP mode on the fly.

bchappuie

You might look thru the Uniden threads. There has been some tuning going on. Setting the P25 threashold to manual and setting the level to 11, is supposed to help a bit. Not sure about Sedgwick county. Looks like closest site is at Andover Road ans 35, with only 100 Watts ERP. But i would think you should be abel to pull that in.

Status
Not open for further replies.