536HP in Kansas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ks_scan

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure why there are so many people having such issues with the 536... I got mine Wednesday, got it up and running Thursday and LOVE IT! I absolutely LOVE the idea I can program it like I did my 996XT, or I can use the HP feature. The unit decodes P25 simulcast systems better than the 996XT did and it works perfectly on the KSICS and Butler County, Kansas P25 Simulcast system. It is less reliable on the Sedgwick County P25 system, but I am also 15 miles from Wichita, so that may be some of the issue. I am also still working through tweaks for that system.

All said, I think the 536 is a GREAT product and appreciate the continued forward momentum of Uniden.

kb8rvp

I am not sure why there are so many people having such issues with the 536... I got mine Wednesday, got it up and running Thursday and LOVE IT! I absolutely LOVE the idea I can program it like I did my 996XT, or I can use the HP feature. The unit decodes P25 simulcast systems better than the 996XT did and it works perfectly on the KSICS and Butler County, Kansas P25 Simulcast system. It is less reliable on the Sedgwick County P25 system, but I am also 15 miles from Wichita, so that may be some of the issue. I am also still working through tweaks for that system.

All said, I think the 536 is a GREAT product and appreciate the continued forward momentum of Uniden.

Dido for me in SE Michigan.

Mike

bluefox2163

rating

so what would you give the 536 as a rating 1-10 because ill be buying one of these if reviews are good

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Louisville KY. There are a wide variety of radio systems I listen to on my scanners from VHF conventional, UHF P25 Conventional, 800 P25 Phase 1 single site, 800 P25 Phase 2 and 800 Phase 1 simulcast. Also included is a DOD multi-site trunked system in the 380 range and aviation frequencies.

I was so pleased with the first one I got, I expedited my plans on getting another for my vehicle.

Programming and configuring these will require lots of patience and practice, especially if you have multiple Favorites Lists.

bama9999

so what would you give the 536 as a rating 1-10 because ill be buying one of these if reviews are good

I'd rate mine as a 9+...I didn't give it a 10 because of the wait for the Siren app and the analyze feature. Otherwise I've not had any issues to speak of, it's sensitive without overloading the front end, scans fast, is easy to program and it works great on both analog and digital systems that I monitor.

ks_scan

Premium Subscriber

Definitely high 7-9. There are certainly things that could be improved upon, but overall a great product.

Status
Not open for further replies.