536HP Not Scanning Favorites Properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I just got a 536HP today, and, after spending the entire afternoon creating a favorites list, I noticed that the scanner is skipping a whole system and only monitoring certain departments, despite having all quick keys activated. I checked the problem system's status, and everything is as it should be. All frequencies are correct and I've checked it multiple times to make sure. There is no reason why the scanner shouldn't monitor it.

Another thing I've noticed is that for a multi-site P25 system I'm listening to, it seems to scan the sites as though they are departments, before actually scanning the departments. In addition, it seems to be skipping certain departments, despite having the quick keys for said departments activated. For several of the systems, it only seems to be scanning the departments I actually programmed in using the scanner, as opposed to ones created with Sentinel via the SD card.

By the way, these are all trunked systems, and all are on "ID Search".

JoeyC

Many prior threads about these same issues have come up. Make sure your Service tags are ON for the services you are expecting to hear.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Many prior threads about these same issues have come up. Make sure your Service tags are ON for the services you are expecting to hear.

Thanks. I made sure all service tags were correct. These are systems I created, by the way.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I just got a 536HP today, and, after spending the entire afternoon creating a favorites list, I noticed that the scanner is skipping a whole system and only monitoring certain departments, despite having all quick keys activated. I checked the problem system's status, and everything is as it should be. All frequencies are correct and I've checked it multiple times to make sure. There is no reason why the scanner shouldn't monitor it.

Another thing I've noticed is that for a multi-site P25 system I'm listening to, it seems to scan the sites as though they are departments, before actually scanning the departments. In addition, it seems to be skipping certain departments, despite having the quick keys for said departments activated. For several of the systems, it only seems to be scanning the departments I actually programmed in using the scanner, as opposed to ones created with Sentinel via the SD card.

By the way, these are all trunked systems, and all are on "ID Search".

Unless I am missing something here it sounds to me like it is working normally.

In one of my P25 systems I have four different sites I can receive, each with a different CC. Unless the CC sends my 436 info that a radio has affiliated with the tower it will move to the next site. It listens for 1.5 to 2 seconds for this and then moves to the next tower/site. It will only go to the departments / channels in each site when told to by the CC. On Sundays I can watch my 436 scan each site only over and over, until it is told to go to a specific frequency.

At least that is how I understand it, but the delay in unmuting by the 536 when you are receiving voice on another radio but not on the 536 is a different problem and one that I will be following before I buy a 536.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I think you mean SERVICE TYPES like Fire Dispatch.

Right. If I create a system, do I have to set the service types to "CUSTOM"? I tried that, but it seemed to have little effect. For some of the systems, it appears that the scanner is only scanning TGIDs that were discovered during search.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Right. If I create a system, do I have to set the service types to "CUSTOM"? I tried that, but it seemed to have little effect. For some of the systems, it appears that the scanner is only scanning TGIDs that were discovered during search.

You may use any Service Type since they only differ in name not function, but you will have to make for sure you turn ON any Service Type in your Profile that you have assigned to a channel if you wish to monitor it.

Of course, it is helpful in remembering what the channel has on it if the Service Type is related to the kind of activity on that channel.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Well, I *mostly* fixed the problem. I selected "All Service Types", but the scanner is still skipping over certain channels I have programmed in. My 996XT monitoring the same system will be picking up a channel, but the 536 will simply continue scanning as though the channel wasn't there.

whsbuss

Well, I *mostly* fixed the problem. I selected "All Service Types", but the scanner is still skipping over certain channels I have programmed in. My 996XT monitoring the same system will be picking up a channel, but the 536 will simply continue scanning as though the channel wasn't there.

It may be related to P25 decoding. Check the main forum and the top sticky UPMan posted.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Apparently, it has nothing to do with P25 decoding. I paused the scanner on one of the problem TGs. When my 996XT started receiving traffic on that channel, the 536 didn't pick up the transmission. It doesn't appear to be random. Instead, the scanner ignores the same series of channels over and over. When one of the problem TGIDs comes up with traffic, the 536 will just continue going through the scanning cycle as though the channel wasn't even there.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Apparently, it has nothing to do with P25 decoding. I paused the scanner on one of the problem TGs. When my 996XT started receiving traffic on that channel, the 536 didn't pick up the transmission. It doesn't appear to be random. Instead, the scanner ignores the same series of channels over and over. When one of the problem TGIDs comes up with traffic, the 536 will just continue going through the scanning cycle as though the channel wasn't even there.

Since you apparently tried changing the NFM to FM, any ENC TGIDs?

mfn002

Premium Subscriber

JoeyC

You have 4 sites programmed. Is the talkgroup traffic you are trying to listen to simulcast across all 4 of the sites? All the time? If you are in channel hold on the TG and it is not carried across whatever site the scanner is held on you are not going to hear anything.

I don't know why the scanner doesn't cycle through all the sites programmed when held only on a channel, I think it should but I am not seeing that happen.

When held on one of the offending channels, do FUNC DEPT to see what site you are held on and then check to see if the talkgroup is carried on that site by listening to that site exclusively in ID SEARCH.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Either try creating your fl vie Sentinel, use append to , or load on range.

Or try the entire DB.

I have a feeling your missing something in the fl structure, or a site mis-programed.

Nothing wrong with doing one from scratch - BUT it is much easier to understand if you start with one that is working and go from there, or at least use it to "get the idea". In some ways, as a 996 user - you need to forget or change your thinking.

Could also export the hpe - zip or change the extension to .txt and someone can look at it.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Location Control is OFF, so that isn't an issue. I've checked all of the frequencies I entered in for all of the sites, and they are all correct. Most--if not all--of the TGs I have are simulcast across all sites. I can't seem to find any reason why it wouldn't pick up the channels. I've included the .hpd file. Maybe someone can show me what I'm missing here.

Attachments

• f_000001.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.