536hp p25 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

blair42

I am trying to help a blind man get a 536 set up from halfway across the country. I can access his computer via VNC and I can see the Scanner display on a camera. He lives in Anderson County, SC. Using the software we were able to add conventional county systems, But we only seem to be getting fire. The next step was to add the Palmetto 800 P 25 system. Try as I might I can't get it to scan that system. I tried deleting everything else. I set the quick key to none. I made sure download was on and monitor was on. I made sure it was not set to avoid. I clicked on delete favorites when uploading the profile. The scanner just says "nothing to scan." I noticed when adding conventional systems all the system IDs were checked. When I added the P 25 system none of them were checked. I have tried checking the first 20. I have not been able to wrap my mind around how the whole quick key thing works despite studying the manual and the "easier to read" manual. What am I missing? If I understand correctly the scanner should do P 25 without needing the DMR update.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
You say you deleted everything on the scanner, did you upload the new favorite list. Did you add that favorite to systems to scan?

I have an sds200 so can't give you specifics on the 536. My 200 has service types that must be checked, don't know if the 536 uses them or no.

Correct, P25 does not need DMR, P25 is not an upgrade, it's standard so is already there.

BC_Scan

he scanner just says "nothing to scan."
that means you physically have to rotate the knobs to enable that freshly programmed system , when I change my programming which is often I have to push menu- set scan selection- scroll to quick key and enable
I have not figured other way or avoiding pushing buttons , let alone remotely the way you are doing

Status
Not open for further replies.