536HP P25 Phase II Audio Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
i was seeing your posts on Phase II problems...i am having the same issue on my 436 here in NJ... my local PD is on a 700 mhz Phase II system... and the audio is choppy, bassy, and poor. Other users on the system are phase I p-25., but use the 500 mhz sites on the system... and I have no issues with their audio or signal. Has anyone had any further info on any kind of fix for this ?

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, I want to chime in on this and give some feedback. I have 2 P25 systems I listen to, both Phase II. One of the systems is in the 450 Mhz range, while the other is in the 866 Mhz range....

Now I am using a Diamond discone antenna D3000N, and I get GREAT reception on the 450 Mhz Phase II system, but the 866Mhz one, I hardly get anything at all....Here is the kicker, I am getting a FULL 5 bars on the signal meter. Upon invenstigation, for some reason, under "Auto" in terms of the threshold level, the 450Mhz system locks on to 7 or 8 right away. The 866 mhz system searches all over the place. The antenna is fed via LMR-400 cable, water tight connections and up around 37 feet above the ground. I have been wrestling with this for months. Why am I getting a full 5 signal bars, but cannot get any transmissions? On the odd occasion, one will break through..

Now if I take the 436 Outside and put on a rubber ducky antenna, it comes in great!

cheers,

Jason

Theo

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, I want to chime in on this and give some feedback. I have 2 P25 systems I listen to, both Phase II. One of the systems is in the 450 Mhz range, while the other is in the 866 Mhz range....

Now I am using a Diamond discone antenna D3000N, and I get GREAT reception on the 450 Mhz Phase II system, but the 866Mhz one, I hardly get anything at all....Here is the kicker, I am getting a FULL 5 bars on the signal meter. Upon invenstigation, for some reason, under "Auto" in terms of the threshold level, the 450Mhz system locks on to 7 or 8 right away. The 866 mhz system searches all over the place. The antenna is fed via LMR-400 cable, water tight connections and up around 37 feet above the ground. I have been wrestling with this for months. Why am I getting a full 5 signal bars, but cannot get any transmissions? On the odd occasion, one will break through..

Now if I take the 436 Outside and put on a rubber ducky antenna, it comes in great!

cheers,

Jason
Possible signal overload. Try ATT just for the heck of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.