536HP System Type error ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
I have the 396XT programmed for Ocala PD P25 and have no issues receiving that system,same with the Pro-18. With the 536HP the scanner stops on the correct TGID but no audio. I check the System Type and it is programmed for P25 X2 TDMA. Is there anyway to change this to P25 Standard?

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Under Favorites List editor there is a SYSTEM tab but no way of editing it.

I have discovered this too. Did you import your system from the main database and then make a FL out of it by avoiding or deleting what you did not want?

That is what I did and I think it locks us into the system chosen on the database.

Have you tried to edit the system type directly with your 536? I think in the owner's manual it starts on page 37 talking about assigning the system type.

You may have to make a new system with P25 trunk as the system type and then copy and paste your old system in it and see if that works.

At present, like you I cannot seem to change my system type on any of my sites and I have two large P25 and 6 LTR sites all locked tight on a particular system type.

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Why do you need to change the system type? System type shouldn't make a difference in what you hear.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Why do you need to change the system type? System type shouldn't make a difference in what you hear.

I think Radioreference Database is incorrect. We are not X2 TDMA.
The 396xt and Pro-18 has no problems receiving that system. Side by side the 536HP will stop and display the TGID but NO AUDIO.

RF23

Premium Subscriber

I first got my 396T when they first came out because our local PD had just gone P25 digital and it was the only scanner I had that handled digital. I assumed it was trunked so I programmed it as a P25 Trunked system type and the scanner would stop on the channel with 5 bars of signal strength but NO audio.

When I changed the system type to a non trunked P25 conventional I then got audio.

Therefore, I assumed this was still possible today namely, you could miss program the system type for some systems or are they just descriptors now and the scanner "decides" what they are?

Since I just moved last year to a state that has truncked public safety systems I have no real world experience with them at all until this last year.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Why don't you go into the RR db and check the FCC lic. for the system in question?

All this I guess , do this , do that is getting no where.

A the least - take it to the Fl. section and ask.

phask

Premium Subscriber

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Why don't you just enter the system by hand? That will rule out a problem with the database.

All X2 does is say that the system has the capability of having X2 TDMA talkgroups. It shouldn't affect your ability to listen to the system unless there's a firmware bug.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Reprogramming with P25 TRUNK audio Is back!!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I got it to work by manually entering a new System and using P25 TRUNK !
I double checked and programmed one using P25 X2-TDMA and once again no audio.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
Thanks for all the suggestions. I got it to work by manually entering a new System and using P25 TRUNK !
I double checked and programmed one using P25 X2-TDMA and once again no audio.

That's interesting! It may be if the system type is set to P25 X2-TDMA it only looks for the Motorola-specific IDEN_UP messages and ignores the standard ones...but that's just a guess.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
That's interesting! It may be if the system type is set to P25 X2-TDMA it only looks for the Motorola-specific IDEN_UP messages and ignores the standard ones...but that's just a guess.

I wondered that as well but wouldn't the Phase I channel grant messages be the same whether the system is Phase I, Phase II or X2? From what I can see, this system only has FDMA talkgroups at the moment.

I could see problems with the TDMA talkgroups if a system was listed as X2 and it was actually Phase II but the bandplans are broadcast differently so the scanner should know the difference.

Definitely not a database problem. Sounds like something UPMan needs to investigate.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
I wondered that as well but wouldn't the Phase I channel grant messages be the same whether the system is Phase I, Phase II or X2? From what I can see, this system only has FDMA talkgroups at the moment.

I could see problems with the TDMA talkgroups if a system was listed as X2 and it was actually Phase II but the bandplans are broadcast differently so the scanner should know the difference.

Definitely not a database problem. Sounds like something UPMan needs to investigate.

I was thinking if it's set to X2 that "maybe" it ignores all BUT the X2 IDEN_UP messages...just a guess though.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
What really makes this strange is that I cannot find anywhere in the Submission History that anybody confirmed the system as X2. Not sure who decided it was X2.

However, that shouldn't make a difference unless an X2 system cannot have FDMA talkgroups?

I'll leave the system as is for now unless somebody can post up a screen shot from Unitrunker or Pro96Com showing the proper system type.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
I did some testing locally and with the system type set to X2 I receive P1 and P2 just fine...so I'm not sure why it didn't work for the OP.

k8ble

HAM, ATV'ER, MOTOROLER XTS 2500 Q52.Q53. Q811,H02
Premium Subscriber
no audio still on bcd536hp.....

i'm really going nuts about this subject. i have both sentinel and butel that i have had for years working just fine.so after a firmware upgrade.via sentinel with win10 i decided to program a p25 armer system for Hennepin cnty Minnesota..there both called east and west simulcast. so i programmed it and loaded it, i ve read the manual many times, been here many times, contact butel they told me to ask uniden., i've call the so called experts and even try to bribe some of the guru's to make one from there pc to send to me. Now that i have formatted two sd cards for both sentinel and butel i started over many times still no change for either.
i start to wonder if there's some new windows driver that had to be added after the upgrade of the sentinel
firmware. well i'm not out if guesting but out of ideas. i just have a feeling there's something big going on here..any help in advance is very much appreciated.

73's N0mnb
k8ble

Status
Not open for further replies.