536HP USB > Ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioguru6613

Wondering how hard it would be for Uniden to add a USB > Ethernet dongle support to the 536HP.

For several reasons WiFi is unreliable however a hardwire would solve a ton of issues for myself and I'm sure others. I know that I have several USB > Ethernet adapters for things like my Surface Pro which work flawlessly, so how about Uniden look into this for a simple "Off the Shelf" solution like the Microsoft Adapter or something by a competitive vendor.

JamesO

I have been pushing for a hardwired Dongle, they are DIRT cheap in volume, might be as low as $5 each or lower.

The PROBLEM is unlike a computer with Plug and Pray USB drivers, I think the scanner firmware has to have the "Driver" or code to communicate with the USB Ethernet dongle.

Now someone may want to purchase a few cheap hardwired Dongles and try them. The likelihood it would work is pretty slim. But if you could find out who the Wifi dongle is made by, might try to use a hardwired USB dongle from the same vendor.

I am guessing that Uniden could charge $25-$40 for each hardwired dongle if they could cover the NRE of the firmware. The firmware should ALSO include Static IP Addressing and DHCO addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.