5775.40kHz usb

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridgescan

More activity in the 1500UTC hour but this is my morning and band is not allowing good copy for me-but I did copy "Thunder" calling "Foxtrot". So at least we know that activity is not relegated to just our "evening" hours.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
11205khz

I think 11205khz is their daytime frequency... active as of 0021z

Confirmed. Golf Whiskey and India callsigns.

Last edited:

ridgescan

It's now 0216UTC and I have been monitoring 11205usb today since the 2300UTC hour and there's been much activity. "Sierra" is VERY close to my QTH. +20 over 9.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
At 02:25 UTC, I'm hearing some activity on 5775.5, but the voices are way down in the mud. They're mostly covered by lightning static crashes. The signals are coming up as it gets darker out.

I'm 160 miles north of Grand Forks ND

ridgescan

At 02:25 UTC, I'm hearing some activity on 5775.5, but the voices are way down in the mud. They're mostly covered by lightning static crashes. The signals are coming up as it gets darker out.

I'm 160 miles north of Grand Forks ND
You likely signed off for the night there, but still lots of comms on 11205usb. "Gulf Charlie" "Hotel" "Sierra" and two in the mud as of 0344UTC.

mm

0417utc Aug 11. FREQ: all are on 5775.4 KHz, mode: USB.

India attempting contact with Kilo then heard Gulf-fox calling India both are very strong in Oregon Northwestern coastal Mtn. range.

India is -82dbm clear copy with minor thunderstorm QRN while G-FOX is -85 dbm on an Elecraft K3S of which the K3S DSP NR clears up the QRN very well, once I remember to turn it on.

At ~0420 india reporting to gulf-foxtrot that aircraft is ?4 nm from Indias location, (sounded like he said 54 nm but unclear due to bassy audio).

At ~0429 Sierra was then called by Delta both around -107 dbm with more fading.

~0430 Gulf-foxtrot was called by an unknown? stn with unknown callsign ? which was at -122dbm strength and GF was not heard responding back to unknown ?.

Unfortunately Sigs are now fading at 0431 utc which was around the time that I remembered that my new transceiver has a very capable audio equalizer to compensate for the overly bassy audio.

Antenna is a 32 foot vertical, re-tuned to 5.77MHZ WITH ATU which is fed to an MFJ1026 NOISE CANCELLING BOX along with a tuned mag loop antenna which is used with the vertical to phase out local qrn.

Receiver is an Elecraft K3S transceiver.

At 0512 utc THUNDER called by Hotel, hotel asked who was the PIC? or similar then a standby was requested by THUNDER.

0517 gulf-foxtrot was called by India with no reply from GF, then lima was called by india with lima requesting INDIA to standby.

0523 utc Sierra called by Delta with no reply from Sierra.

Even with dual phased antennas the band is fading a bit from 0417utc comms, also at this time my antenna phasing setup doesn't let me locate a region where the signals are coming from just yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.