5G UWB Potential Cellsite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapStar362

hey guys, im in my birth town of Fort Myers Beach right now at my mothers place, and they have what appears to be a 5G UWB Small Cell Site on the peoperty. but i cannot find any database or info on if it is in fact a 5G UWB site or something else. its pitch black right now, so, i cant get a photo of it, but ill get one tomorrow.

does anyone have any kind of a map or locations database of 5G UWB sites?

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
hey guys, im in my birth town of Fort Myers Beach right now at my mothers place, and they have what appears to be a 5G UWB Small Cell Site on the peoperty. but i cannot find any database or info on if it is in fact a 5G UWB site or something else. its pitch black right now, so, i cant get a photo of it, but ill get one tomorrow.

does anyone have any kind of a map or locations database of 5G UWB sites?

The FCC licenses these for an area not separate sites. AFIK there is no good database for such as there is no way to easily construct one other than monitoring to track them down or get info from the carrier which they will not often gove out due to competition.

CapStar362

hmmm okay, ill have a peeskie on the little building itself then for any indentifying nameplates or site info.

also a photo to come tomor......errr later today

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Cellular systems license are market based. You'd look up your market and it would tell you what frequencies were in use, but it's difficult to find actual locations.

And there's not really a lot of true 5G out there yet.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Well, that could be dang near anything. I've got small cell sites at work where we've had them install covers over the panel antennas like that to help them blend in a bit better.

Also, that looks like Heliax running up the side of the pole. The newer stuff is putting the radios right at the antennas, and only power/fiber is run up the tower/pole.

A closer photo would help, and if you can get a photo of the equipment on the ground.

CapStar362

Note worthy, the phone riser room has a VZW and TMobile power riser with Generac Packs on them on the outside of the main building, but this site as you can see is detached from the main building

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Yeah, that's just a small cell site.
Without seeing the actual equipment the antenna is connected to, it's hard to determine exactly what service it is.

But it looks just like several of the micro-cells we have at work.

CapStar362

i also found the hard landline that runs from that small garage to the main building and straight into the main building at the utility connect for the mainline phones

CapStar362

there also seems to be two gen sets on this shed, just to the left of the above picture is a clean idle generac, but on the right side of the photo and to the left of the antenna in the wide angle photos earlier, is another older diesel generator that has some serious age to it.

now, im not going to go around prying, but it looks like they just retired the older genset and left it there. the newer one was idle purring when i went back there.

Also,
I haven't used this site for in a long time not sure if this can help AntennaSearch - Search for Cell Towers, Cell Reception, Hidden Antennas and more.
this one turns up numerous antennas and towers nearby, but not THIS antenna im asking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.