5th Alarm House Fire-Jefferson County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
May I just add that the OIC and the Water Supply officer seemed to be giving units directions more then doing there jobs! What a cluster! Guess West. Va doesn’t believe in map books

Kpainter

Are you a firefighter

Obviously you dont do this job and this isnt the city and it can be easy to get lost on the roads up this way. Its better to ask then to mess around and waste time looking for the place to get water. When you do this you waste valuable time getting the water back to the fire. If you dont know the area then you have no reason to comment. City fires are alot different than rural house fires. Its probably a good thing that you arent an officer because an officer wouldnt post stuff like this as you did.

Last edited by a moderator:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Obviously you dont do this job and this isnt the city and it can be easy to get lost on the roads up this way. Its better to ask then to mess around and waste time looking for the place to get water. When you do this you waste valuable time getting the water back to the fire. If you dont know the area then you have no reason to comment. City fires are alot different than rural house fires. Its probably a good thing that you arent an officer because an officer wouldnt post stuff like this as you did.

I was listening and the officer did seem a little annoyed but I think I would be too having to repeat myself every time a tanker was en route. But, in the drivers' defense, they were coming from all over and like you said, they were not familiar with the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.