5th Alarm-Orlando Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.

af5rn

Ah, okay. No problem. I just thought maybe it was a local term that I was not familiar with. I'm not really a local boy, so I don't know the Lala lingo, lol.

landonjensen

no prob lol.

SAM PADILLA FROM LACFD HAS CONFIRMED KING KONG DESTROYED AND THE CURRENT STRUCTURE INVOLVED IS THE VIDEO LIBRARY NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE "FILM VAULT"

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Sum Pix of Universal Studio Fire

39498625.jpg

39499662.jpg

39498259.jpg

39499314.jpg

39501347.jpg

39501353.jpg

39501349.jpg

39503096.jpg

39503426.jpg

LEH

Premium Subscriber
One of the news stations (or maybe a national service) had some really outstanding video fo the fire.

One shot reminded me of the fire bombing of Hamburg or parts of London during the blitz. They even had aerial tankers dropping water on the fire. Now that is a big fire.

Anyone know how well inter department communications went between LAFD and LACFD?

Eng74

It took Universal tell 2:00 p.m. to make up their mind that they would not open up the the theme park. I don't know what was which was worse that or the people that were waiting around thinking that the park would open today. Then the people who were mad because they didn't open. Hello the park is on fire! The big black cloud didn't tell you anything?

karldotcom

At first they were talking about opening at 10am....then noon....

That secondary explosion was at 230pm, so its probably a good thing the place didnt open.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Eng74 said:
It took Universal tell 2:00 p.m. to make up their mind that they would not open up the the theme park. I don't know what was which was worse that or the people that were waiting around thinking that the park would open today. Then the people who were mad because they didn't open. Hello the park is on fire! The big black cloud didn't tell you anything?

Well making money has to take precedence over putting out the fire. Yesterday's ad for the Universal back lot tour.

"Come one, come all, ride the new one day tour, a real live burning set. Interfere with the firefighting, put your lives at risk, give us your money."​

I mean five alarms, 400 firefighters (figure what, 3.5 firefighters per vehicle makes about 115 pieces of apparatus, probably a mile of hose stretched throughout the studio), possibly toxic smoke from the burning plastic. Whoever was sitting there trying to decide on whether to open the studio for tours is an idiot and should be fired.

Even if the fire had been knocked down, there was still the clean up and watching for hot spots. Give it a day.

With the sheer size of the fire, I'm surprised people showed up expecting the studio to be open. I do feel sorry for those who hadn't heard about the fire and showed up, especially from out of town. Some of them would probably still be upset if LA had suffered an 8.6 earth quake.

I wonder if the news people went looking for upset people, sounds like something they'd do. Don Henley's "Dirty Laundry" comes to mind.

"Can we film the operation?
Is the head dead yet?
You know, the boys in the newsroom got a
Running bet
Get the widow on the set!
We need dirty laundry

When its said and done we haven't told you a thing
We all know that crap is king
Give us dirty laundry!"

While I'm slamming the news, I wonder if they will ever do a follow up report on the outcome of the low water pressure investigation. Was it really the new deluge system (there has to be a shut off for it somewhere in case of a malfunction, or is that another one of a kind ride for the studio? Ride the runaway fire suppression system flood.) Just looking at the number of streams being put on the fire would be a strain for most any city water system.

Now I will admit, there was some excellent video. I wonder if the video of the explosion was a news crew or fire department film crew. I really have difficult time imaging allowing a news camera crew that close to the operation (on the ROOF). Maybe that supposedly new filming TV series about fire fighting (akin to COPS).

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Big black could could be normal

Eng74 said:
Hello the park is on fire! The big black cloud didn't tell you anything?
Most probably figured it was just some movie scene being shot!

karldotcom

Also, the media was pretty much evicted from the studios property once they got a handle on things.... the fire photographers pretty much got all the action pictures.....

Status
Not open for further replies.