5th Alarm-Orlando Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I hope the studios got a lot of footage, they could always use it in a fire related movie and recoup some of the damage costs :D

jaymatt1978

I just visited Universal Studios back in April and went on the backlot tour so like most I know pretty much exactly where the fire started. I have read about all the fire communications but was/is anyone close to listen to the actual studio communications? I think that would offer a very interesting perspective into what is happening with the cleanup.

Eng74

I just visited Universal Studios back in April and went on the backlot tour so like most I know pretty much exactly where the fire started. I have read about all the fire communications but was/is anyone close to listen to the actual studio communications? I think that would offer a very interesting perspective into what is happening with the cleanup.

As of monday LACoFD had not handed off the scean to Universal. LACoFD still had units hitting the hot spots and checking it with thermal imagers and the dozers moving stuff around. It will notbe as bad as if two real blocks had been lost most of it was all fronts and I think only three "real" buildings. It will be interesting to read the report on what went on with all the problems that can happened with this fire size.

karldotcom

I get Uni Studios comms very good from my place....and listened during the morning of the fire. It was bordering on chaotic. I heard them telling every channel the park would be open at 12 noon, then 2pm.... I truly believe they did intend on opening...plus they had parking and other channels dealing with the MTV Video Awards, which were loading the day before and during the fire...and went off without a hitch.

Plus they made an effort to open up CitiWalk to give the stranded guests some other options while they waited around (and to eat, or spend money)... The main drive from the 101 freeway had LAFD hoselays that reached down to Cahuenga Blvd...which looks to be .64 miles using Google Earth....

As for studio operations, there were some production companies near the burned area that were still not allowed to return to work on Monday. The tour, however, was rerouted a little give visitors an ample opportunity to view the scene and take pictures (and cheer firefighters )

20080602_105532_universal-tour-damage_GALLERY.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.