6’ BNC to BNC RF Jumper Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I have outgrown my MCA204M and have a MCA208M on the way. With this, I need 8 RF jumper cables to go from the multicoupler to the radios. Each jumper needs to be around 6 feet with a BNC connector on each end.

Anyone have a good source for quality low-loss RF jumper cables at a good price?

This is the one I am considering unless someone has another better option.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10221&cs_id=1022101&p_id=6923&seq=1&format=2

Last edited:

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
The 48% braid worries me...seems low (looking at quality cable over at Tessco, I'm seeing 90+% on most with 78% appearing to be the lowest).

If you choose the Monoprice cable, they are doing an extra 10% off this weekend (through Monday I think).
Coupon code: LABORDAY10
(As seen on a deal website but I don't know if it's okay to link them here).

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I noticed the 48% right after I posted the link. That worries me too. I guess that is why is a $4 cable. :)

I also started checking Tessco as I buy a lot of other RF stuff from them. They seem to be a little pricy for this item.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
They are pretty easy to make yourself, if you have the proper crimp tool. Likely not something you'd want to buy just to make a few cables.
There are probably several of us who would be happy to make them for you if you wanted.
You can try other vendors, though. Tessco seems to be expensive for pre-terminated coaxial cables. I'll usually only buy premade ones for very specific reasons, usually it's way easier/cheaper to make my own. Also, Tessco has a $50 minimum order, which can be a pain sometimes.

Pasternack.com is a good source, but they are not cheap either.

Amazon seems to have some. For scanner use, they should be just fine. A short jumper of RG-58 isn't going to cause that much loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.