6.185 Radio Educacion Mexico City XEPPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfdxer

Very nice signal from our neightbors south of the border. Radio Educacion Shortwave from Mexico City on 6.185khz. Nice signal from their 49 meter dipole with 10,000 watts of power. Currently S9+ in Los Angeles, Ca at 0300 UTC.
Receiver: AOR 7030+
Antenna: Alpha Delta Dx Ultra @ 25 feet up in the air.

hfdxer

its a powerhouse on the west coast. especially with the daylight savings time. now another nice signal with classical opera music at 0600 UTC

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I've heard them a couple of times on my RX320 when I had the nice big loop in my attic. I seem to recall that they are indeed using a dipole, but it's been mounted deliberately too low to emphasize a more NVIS type signal (one can understand this - they want to concentrate coverage in the local area). Of course, there's still some skywave involved here. This station has been widely reported in the past.

73 Mike

hfdxer

dxers in finland have received them during dxpedition. they have also been logged in japan. dont know how high their dipole is but its sure getting out there.

hfdxer

xeppm

Nice. We can hear them occasionally over here, but usually pretty weak.

currently blasting into los angeles, S9+ signal into west coast @ 05:40 UTC with political commentaries
Toys: AOR 7030+
ant: alpha delta dx ultra

hfdxer

xeppm Radio Educacion Mexico City

Time: 0613 utc
Nice signal relaying Radio France International news, then connecting to their 1060am program with classical music.
10,000 watts from Mexico City

hfdxer

Radio Educacion with regional mexican tunes sounding very nice and strong. good propagation with very little fading.
04:35 UTC

k9rzz

Status
Not open for further replies.