6/25/2020 - Broadcastify Calls Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey folks, some quick updates on Broadcastify Calls.

As of today we have well over 130 Broadcastify Calls Nodes online. I'm really excited about the growth of this platform. At it's peak during the day, we're receiving about 1,300 calls a minute (21 calls a second) into the system, so we've definitely launched and grown a monster in the past few months.

I'll just data dump a few updates for you:

1) Computer that broadcast calls to Broadcastify Calls are now called "Nodes" vs "Systems"
2) I've completely updated the Calls Coverage Browser to allow you to browse coverage of service types, but also ingest "nodes" that are taking in calls.
3) If you can now add a talkgroup or frequency to a playlist directly from the coverage browser. by clicking on the talkgroup/frequency and seeing the list of options available.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 5.20.13 PM.png

4) You can view all talkgroups we've collected for a trunked system by clicking the a Trunked System Name in the coverage browser. 1.png

5) You can now add to playlists and view talkgroup details from that "all talkgroups" page for a system

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 5.22.31 PM.png

6) In the Node Coverage Browser, you can view nodes and their status by County Location and by Trunked System. You can also click on the node for more info about that node. Red indicates the node is down. Orange indicates the node is delayed sending data. Green means it is online.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 5.25.56 PM.png

7) An nice new Submit Calls Application interface for folks that are ready to get started sending calls to the system

Broadcastify Calls Application

There are lots more updates and changes rolled out - but those are some of the big ones.

What's next?
1) The live pages for nodes, talkgroups, frequencies, and playlists are going to be rewritten for better functionality and viewing. They are kind of janky right now
2) More playlists updates, including working to get past the 20 member limit per playlist
3) The ability to create legacy Broadcastify Feeds from Calls Playlists
4) More stats, graphs, etc
5) More admin tools for calls providers to manage their systems
6) Prepackaged software for Raspberry Pi and smaller computers so ingest providers can quickly get started.

So that's about it. The calls platform is growing rapidly, and we are excited to grow this and expand the offerings even further.

Thanks!

gocougs

Did the Archives function move to another page? I’m having trouble finding it, at least on the mobile version of the webpage. Thanks for all the work you do! Excited to see what comes next.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Did the Archives function move to another page? I’m having trouble finding it, at least on the mobile version of the webpage. Thanks for all the work you do! Excited to see what comes next.
Is that something you would need to be a paid subscriber to access? Just wondering.

gocougs

The archives link is on each frequency or talkgroup page. Looks like a database icon

View attachment 87214
Archives are for premium subscribers only..as are custom playlists
I am a feed provider (for both Calls platform and the traditional feed system), up until I last checked about four days ago, I had access to the archives through the icon in your screenshot. Do feed providers no longer receive premium membership in exchange for their services?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am a feed provider (for both Calls platform and the traditional feed system), up until I last checked about four days ago, I had access to the archives through the icon in your screenshot. Do feed providers no longer receive premium membership in exchange for their services?
You do receive access as a feed provider. Are your feeds online and broadcasting?

Last edited:

gocougs

You do receive access. Are your feeds online and broadcasting?
Yes, just double checked both of them. It’s not an issue with Safari- I just checked with my PC and same result. I don’t want to hijack this thread with my personal troubleshooting issues, mind if I PM you?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
The problem here was the user was looking for archives on an individual node calls page instead of where they are on an individual frequency or talkgroup calls page.

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
Is there a FAQ or wiki listing what minimum Hardware is needed, and brand suggestions...as wells as setup info ?
I found a WIKI but don't see hardware needed.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider

johnmac

Feed Provider
Anyone having a problem playing back calls? When I go to a playlist and attempt to play back a few older messages, I only get the first message and then the next ones just flash on the screen and then I am not sure I am receiving the live stream. Using windows 10 v1909 and Chrome and Edge. Seems to work OK on my ipad, but the audio quality is not great. Update - Ipad is not working now, will not play back calls.

Last edited:

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Hi,

I feed two Smartnet systems and I'll have a 3rd coming online soon. Is there a way we can setup Alias's for TG's. As you know the patching on Smartnet is a little wonky I can fill in the missing patches to TG's but just need a way to do it. Broadcastify

Someway to say that TG 8963 really = 8960 2OPS42

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Anyone having a problem playing back calls? When I go to a playlist and attempt to play back a few older messages, I only get the first message and then the next ones just flash on the screen and then I am not sure I am receiving the live stream. Using windows 10 v1909 and Chrome and Edge. Seems to work OK on my ipad, but the audio quality is not great. Update - Ipad is not working now, will not play back calls.
Which system, node are you monitoring talkgroups for? I just checked and my playlists are working fine.,

johnmac

Feed Provider
Which system, node are you monitoring talkgroups for? I just checked and my playlists are working fine.,

It seems to work OK with Microsoft Edge, but does not work on my Chrome (2 computers). Ipad works on Safari but not with Chrome. Seems to be all nodes/systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.