6.9 Earthquake in Baja

Status
Not open for further replies.

W6KRU

I don't remember the last time I felt one here in Oceanside but that one shook for a long time.

Never really been in a Earthquake. Felt a tremor once that was about it when I was younger in Montana.
God Bless you to those who live in California and deal with those. To scary for me.

W6KRU

Never really been in a Earthquake. Felt a tremor once that was about it when I was younger in Montana.
God Bless you to those who live in California and deal with those. To scary for me.

It's usually not a big deal. I've only experienced one that provoked me to get to my feet. That was the Northridge quake. I grew up in the land of tornadoes and I remember those as a lot more scary.

yaesumofo

slow roller

I knew it was larger than a 6.9.
7.2 is more like it.
This was a LONG SLOOWWW ROLLER.
Here in the LA area we felt this one for a LONG time OVER A MINUTE.

Here is the things guys.
Quakes which happen close to you feel different than distant quakes.
This was clearly not close buy but it was a BIG one.
7.2 is a BIG quake.
The area where this one happened is not highly populated.
TG.
Be ready folks. Quakes, and other natural disasters happen.
BTW The MID WEST is NOT immune. There are records of Large quakes in the Mid West.
Do not treat this as a joke. go get enough stuff (water, TP, food, Medicine, Spare Phone, radio/TV bedding, ect ect) for 3 days and put it into a strong locker and keep it dry. For a rainy day

Have a great easter.
YMF

WouffHong

2 more EQ's posted

two more just reported:

20100404-M 5.4, Baja California, Mexico
20100404-M 5.1, Sonora, Mexico

Just added to gaiaisangry.com

Hope a trend there is not developing. :-(

Wouff

I just got off the phone with a friend out of AZ he felt it.. I didn't feel a thing up here on the central coast, but they said there was one in Santa Rosa anyone in the bay area feel it?

Dragon911

I just got off the phone with a friend out of AZ he felt it.. I didn't feel a thing up here on the central coast, but they said there was one in Santa Rosa anyone in the bay area feel it?

Here's a list of where people felt it: M7.2 – Baja California, Mexico (click on responses)

According to ^^^ Some people felt it in Idaho and a few folks in TX and WY. A person from another forum said that they saw their pool in Fremont, CA slosh from it.

code3cowboy

I remember being in Rosarita when the moderate LA quake that cracked the side of the Disneyland Hotel and did a little damage here and there around the Southland.

Be prepared for aftershocks everyone.

cj5

Felt a mild sway here in Central OC, enough to get the chandeliers shaking pretty
good for about 30 seconds. Started out real gentle, peaked with a reverse jolt,
and decreased slowly. 6.9 seems pretty big. Thankfully, it was in the middle of
nowhere down there in Mexico.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned

Eng74

I didn't feel it and we didn't even pull the rigs out to the ramp. As for Disneyland whenever there is a quake that is felt in the area they always shut all the attrations down and give them the morning saftey checks once again. They also check all of the other buildings in the park before the public can go back in. From what I heard there were a couple of elevators that were stuck and that was it. That sounded like it happened all over the L.A. and OC areas. I'll take an earthquake anyday over tornado or have to wait for a week to see where the hurricane is going to hit. An earthquake is fast and you don't have any idea that is on the way. When it happens you just along for the ride.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
'll take an earthquake anyday over tornado or have to wait for a week to see where the hurricane is going to hit. An earthquake is fast and you don't have any idea that is on the way. When it happens you just along for the ride.

Ahhh.... I don't know about an earthquake. With a tornado you usually have a warning. I lived in CA. and now CO. If I'm at home I can go downstairs and throw a mattress over me. In an earthquake mother nature will throw a mattress and a few bricks on me! :lol: Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.