HP-1: $6 Carrying/Storage Case For HP-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesO

So I have been on the lookout for a carrying/storage case for my HP-1E.

I have looked at generic GPS cases, but they are all just a bit too small. Someone sells one on ebay for about $16.

I was wandering Home Depot burning some time while waiting on my teernagers Cross Country practice.

I ran across this Husky 4 in Belt Pouch. Seemed like it might work well for the HP-1. $6, the price was right.

Husky 4 in. Belt Pouch-GP-45830N13 at The Home Depot

The nice thing about this case is the front pocket can be use for 1-2 spare sets of batteries, or the mobile power cord, you can put a pair of ear buds in the bottom of the case or front pocket, if you do not have an antenna that can bend well, there are 2 pencil/pen/marker pockets on the side that you can slip an antenna with a BNC connector into and it will stay.

Pouch has a nice, sturdy belt clip or you can loop a belt though the rear of the belt clip webbing. Material appears to be a strong Courdura type of material and the pouch even has a 3 year Limited Warranty.

Anyway, seems to be a nice case for $6.

JamesO

I think you will like it.

I have mine here with 2 antennas in the side pouches and I think I could ever put he GPS puck in the front pocket if I did not have batteries in it.

There is a larger divider inside the pouch that you can put extra batteries in and still have space maybe for the GPS puck. I have not tried to really fill the pouch up yet, but there appears to be more room.

I also like to use these batteries cases from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002UQWGM2/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The cases snap closed, they can hold up to either 4 AA or 4 AAA at a time. What is cool about these cases is you can position the batteries in the case so you can remember if they are charged or need to be charged depending on where you place the + (positive) terminal. The cases are marked as "charged" or "low" depending on what direction you store the batteries in the case. Also when using these cases the batteries do not roll around and get lost or mark up the scanner. The inner and outer pockets hold these battery cases without problem.

bobmich52

Went to the Depot Yesterday & Got 1, Works Great For $5.97, Why Buy A storage case From Uniden/Scannermaster for 30 bucks!

Fairly sturdy & Much Room for accessories For Such a Small carrier

Belt Clip is a nice feature too

For 6 bucks you cant go wrong

Astrogoth13

Got mine for my HP2 yesterday. Fits great. Now all I have to do is get a mobile antenna that works well, that fits the case and has the right, right angle, connector.

Antenna ideas?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Got mine for my HP2 yesterday. Fits great. Now all I have to do is get a mobile antenna that works well, that fits the case and has the right, right angle, connector.

Antenna ideas?
Take a look at this one:
https://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/scanants/1204.html

I have a 90 degree elbow on my HP's. Using this antenna, which has a pivot point just above the BNC connector, the antenna will fold dowm flat across the top[ of the scanner for packing.

Also look at this: SMA Male / BNC Female RIght Angle Adapter

Astrogoth13

Thanks for the links!

I worry about putting that much torque on our little antenna connector. A lightweight whip with an integrated right angle joint would be ideal. I've tried assembling my own but the eBay right angle adapters keep falling apart.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Works great for me.
That's what I normally use at home. However, when I spent a month in the hospital in 2013, I used the RH-789, and it worked very well on the systems in my area. I also use the 789 when I'm in an area that is almost all Vhf-high, with only a handful of Uhf, and no 700/800MHz active users. That's a rural area about 100 miles west that I visit, where friends have a place.

Status
Not open for further replies.