6 Southeast Monmouth Co.towns may merge dispatch services

Status
Not open for further replies.

NESN

cassidy1190

Yeah tell be about it. I'm a Belmar resident myself. We all know the taxes are ridiculous, and probably still will be even if this goes through, but just imagine how much more organized patrols will be around here. No more wasting time trying to raise the neighboring town on the hotline, followed by calling them on the phone anyway. Any ideas of how they might work it? Trunked? A single dispatch freq? Same frequencies, one dispatcher?

DJ88

Trunked would require Neptune Twp. to purchase and install a trunk radio system. It would also require Neptune and the other municipalities involved to purchase new portables with trunking capabilities. Big bucks. With that said, it's probably out of the question. I would imagine that the towns would stay on their own frequencies and Neptune Twp.'s system would be modified to give them capabilities on those frequencies. That's just my two cents.

radiomanNJ1

Just having a remote base and or remote phone line would take care of the problem. I don't know what kind of consoles but they could even patch two or more freqs. or tg.s

How about thinking about consolidating the tiny police agencies into a regional agency with a board consisting of the various people such the mayors/council people so there is still control.

One Chief at 100k+ instead of 6. ??

Highpockets

Just having a remote base and or remote phone line would take care of the problem. I don't know what kind of consoles but they could even patch two or more freqs. or tg.s

How about thinking about consolidating the tiny police agencies into a regional agency with a board consisting of the various people such the mayors/council people so there is still control.

One Chief at 100k+ instead of 6. ??

How about if they do away with your job where you work, how about the families of those 5 other chiefs, don't you think they paid there dues? Got to be a better way.

SCPD

QRT
SE Monmouth Regional Dispatch

Since the towns considering consolidation of their dispatch services are mostly on VHF High band between them there are enough repeater and simplex frequencies to reorganize and coordinate all their public safety agencies if done carefully. Depending on the radios they are using the most inexpensive way is to just reprogram with the revised channel plan. However, with the FCC re farming of VHF frequencies to narrower channel spacing and some of the smaller towns are already using NFM, I would expect the new regionalized frequency plan would be Narrow FM.
Notwithstanding that a sharp radio salesperson/team from a major commercial radio manufacturer coming in and bamboozling these towns to purchase a super duper digital system that can be encrypted….which is a whole different subject :roll:.Again that would be very expensive $$

GM

Premium Subscriber
One only needs to look as far as the agreement with Dunellen (Middlesex Co) and Rutgers University. Dispatch is based now at the Rutgers PSAP, and they handle both Rutgers University calls and Dunellen calls, with no change in freq's whatsoever. Rutgers only had to install new equipment to handle the VHF stuff. That's probably the most cost effective route that will be chosen with this proposal between the different towns here.

Status
Not open for further replies.