60 Control Low Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS1170

Can anyone list the low band 60 control frequencies in radio plan order?

Alarms50

Can anyone list the low band 60 control frequencies in radio plan order?

There really is no plan for the low band freq's that I know of aside from 46.26MHz being the main channel and dispatch, and 33.96MHz being the alternate dispatch for certain FD's. Of the 60 Westchester FD's thirteen use their own private freq's, 18 use the new UHF trunked system, which leaves 29 FD's to utilize 46.26MHz. A couple (2 or 3) do use 46.06MHz for operations. All FD's (and EMS) have access to the trunked system. Many years ago 46.42MHz was planned as an alternate operations channel, while 46.14MHz was for Fire Coordinators to use to reach 60 Control.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I thought everyone was on the trunking system...considering the county provided one radio per front line vehicle. Who decided not to?

Alarms50

I thought everyone was on the trunking system...considering the county provided one radio per front line vehicle. Who decided not to?
Here is a listing of who is using the system.
Fire 10 - Montrose FD
Fire 11 - Grasslands Fire Brigade,Hawthorne FD,Pleasantville FD,Thornwood FD, Valhalla FD
Fire 13 - Croton Falls FD, Goldens Bridge FD, South Salem FD, Vista FD
Fire 14 - Ardsley FD, Irvington FD
Fire 16 - Bedford Hills FD, Bedford Village FD, Chappaqua FD, Katonah FD, Mount Kisco FD
Fire 19 - Purchase FD
EMS 11 - Hawthorne FD EMS
EMS 13 - Pound Ridge VAC, Vista FD EMS
EMS 16 - Bedford Village FD EMS

According to what I had read in the updates from the County during the construction of the system, the system was not meant to replace any existing radio systems any agency was currently utilizing.

FD's currently using their own licensed freq's:
Peekskill FD, Briarcliff Manor FD, Sleepy Hollow FD, Somers FD, Elmsford FD, Hartsdale FD, Hastings FD, Tarrytown FD,Eastchester FD, Mount Vernon FD, New Rochelle FD, Yonkers FD, Scarsdale FD, White Plains FD.

Note: All FD's, EMS's & Hospital's (both bases & apparatus) have had the trunked radios installed that the County bought for them.

The system is used by the agencies that have their own freq's when they do go M/A.

I know of one agency who will not be using the trunked system because that agency has it's own license for xx.xxMHz and the Chief said it can do whatever it wants on that freq and the County can't tell it what it can or can't do on that freq.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
OK, I see...and regarding the last paragraph...County politics, I loved it when I worked in Westchester... :lol:

D

DaveNF2G

I'm still amazed that such a small county has 43 police departments!

comspec

Just to clarify.

Dispatch is still on 46.26 for all departments that do not have their own frequency.

Some departments like Briarcliff Manor, Ossining, Croton Chappaqua and others, are dispatched on 46.26 but not by 60 control but by their local PD.

Other departments like Yonkers, Mount Vernon, White Plains, Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and other are self dispatched on their own frequenies.

Fireground is not on the trunked system, but remains simplex. The EMS, Fire and Ops frequenies are used by those departments that have chosen to use the system for after dispatch comms except for local simplex fireground (for example unit to unit while responding, etc.)

Finally, there are 58 not 60 Fire Departments for Westchester. I nitpick on this only because I do not want people to come to the wrong conclusion that "60 control" is called that because it controls 60 fire departments. I am sure in this group many know the real story.

If you don't and are curious as to where the title really comes from I will give you a clue.

Orange County = 36 Control with about 48 departments
Putnam County = 40 Control
Rockland County = 44 Control

D

DaveNF2G

The Control numbers correspond to the BFIRS numbers for each county. Only some of the counties in the lower Hudson Valley use those numbers on the air. A few other counties scattered across the state give evidence of their county number in other ways.

For example, the Wayne County fire coordinators are "Car 59-##." Columbia County dispatchers id as 11-## and Dutchess dispatchers use 14-##. There are others.

The counties are numbered in alphabetical order.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I'm still amazed that such a small county has 43 police departments!

Bestchester is not as small as you think, Dave...but not only are there 43 police departments, but there are....ready? ONE HUNDRED TWENTY FIVE[\B] towns and villages within the county.

Alarms50

Just to clarify.

Finally, there are 58 not 60 Fire Departments for Westchester. I nitpick on this only because I do not want people to come to the wrong conclusion that "60 control" is called that because it controls 60 fire departments. I am sure in this group many know the real story.
True, there are 58 municipal FD's. There are also several non-municipal FD's. Montrose VA FD is a full time Career FD, Grasslands Fire Brigade is (to the best of my knowledge) a Volunteer Brigade that is staffed 8AM - 3:30PM (according to http://www.westchestergov.com/emergserv/Fire/grasslands.htm), and the Westchester County Airport Fire Crash Crew(?). The above listed agencies have their own apparatus.

The following agencies are listed on http://www.westchestergov.com/emergserv/Fire/battalions.htm but do not have their own apparatus, they are mainly in-house first response employees. Metro North RR, Indian Point, IBM Yorktown, Sing Sing Correctional Facility, Bedford Hills Correctional Facility. At one point both Sing Sing C.F. and Bedford Hills C.F. had their own apparatus. Unknown if they still have them. These apparatus were used apparatus that were possibly donated to the facilities.

comspec

True, there are 58 municipal FD's. There are also several non-municipal FD's.QUOTE]

Yes all true. And I am sure the count is subject to change. The only reason I even nitpicked is because of friend of mine read the number "60" and concluded that is where "60-Control" came from.

I justed wated to prevent a myth from starting. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.