64176 M-Call 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
Over the past few days I have copied 89 hits on 64176 M-Call 1 with prison comms or referring to it as "GCI Control Center" which is Grafton Corrections.

Can anyone else confirm this? Is the RR database wrong or could this be part of the Grafton Honor Farm's closing, consolidating with Lorain Corrections?

Iron Triangle Ohio... otherweise known as Fostoria
M-call 1 is used as a mutual aid channel for central ohio... You will hear Madison correctional calling into the OSP for radio checks as well. They usualy do testing right around shift change, and Do testing and checking after their statewide counts are done at 4pm and 9pm each night. I sometimes listen to them on my marcs radio, And frequently hear other correctional facilities do the same thing. I have also heard dayton correctional. Since the OSP supervises the ohio correctional facilities you will hear them communicating frequently on the M-call channels

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
All the traffic copied has been routine. Such as yard calls, pill calls, or man down calls. Having listened to GCI, NCCTF and LORCI since the inception of MARCS I have never heard Grafton calling on a M-Call talk group.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
M-call 1 is used as a mutual aid channel for central ohio... You will hear Madison correctional calling into the OSP for radio checks as well. They usualy do testing right around shift change, and Do testing and checking after their statewide counts are done at 4pm and 9pm each night. I sometimes listen to them on my marcs radio, And frequently hear other correctional facilities do the same thing. I have also heard dayton correctional. Since the OSP supervises the ohio correctional facilities you will hear them communicating frequently on the M-call channels

OSP does not supervise the correctional facilities. It's a separate state agency with their own communications department.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
All the traffic copied has been routine. Such as yard calls, pill calls, or man down calls. Having listened to GCI, NCCTF and LORCI since the inception of MARCS I have never heard Grafton calling on a M-Call talk group.

Someone with a console probably has a patch setup and forgot to knock it down when they were finished with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.