668 error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJsBuys

Premium Subscriber
On my pro-668 I received an error message I can't figure out. Can anyone tell me how to handle it? The error message is
CODE 3-04
00004000 0003
It refers me to the user guide which I do not have.

Paul

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
On my pro-668 I received an error message I can't figure out. Can anyone tell me how to handle it? The error message is
CODE 3-04
00004000 0003

If I'm not mistaken I believe that is related to the SD card. Try reformatting the SD card using the programming software and allow it to copy the library and configuration during the format process, if that doesn't work you may need to replace the SD card and repeat the process.

03-04 Error writing SD card
Reinsert the MicroSD card to ensure it is fully inserted
in locked in the MicroSD slot. If necessary, reformat
the MicroSD card using the PC Application "Prepare
SD card for use" option. Replace the MicroSD card if
the problem persists.

PJsBuys

Premium Subscriber
If I'm not mistaken I believe that is related to the SD card. Try reformatting the SD card using the programming software and allow it to copy the library and configuration during the format process, if that doesn't work you may need to replace the SD card and repeat the process.

03-04 Error writing SD card
Reinsert the MicroSD card to ensure it is fully inserted
in locked in the MicroSD slot. If necessary, reformat
the MicroSD card using the PC Application "Prepare
SD card for use" option. Replace the MicroSD card if
the problem persists.
Unfortunately this error code freezes the radio and I can't do anything at all with it. I will try the suggestion made to check the links posted above. Many thanks for the attempt.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately this error code freezes the radio and I can't do anything at all with it. I will try the suggestion made to check the links posted above. Many thanks for the attempt.

Yes, remove the batteries to turn it off. Then use your computer and programming software to reformat and copy config/library to it the SD card. If you have problems you will need to replace the SD card. Reinsert the SD card and it should work.

PJsBuys

Premium Subscriber
The problem is that as soon as the radio receives power from the batteries or the computer, it freezes up and will not respond to any keystrokes - including those relates to the SD card. The message is that the computer cannot find the scanner even though I have been using this same hook-up for several years. I think what I am going to try next is to buy a new SD card since it looks like your initial response was dead on. Thanks for helping.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I understand, remove the SD Card from the scanner and use an adapter to do it on the computer, not in the scanner

PJsBuys

Premium Subscriber
Many thanks for the assist. The problem was solved by a new SD card. It took me a while to find one that worked and it is a 4 mb model. You guys are great. Happy New Year

Paul

CycleSycho

:( Not to mention (but I will), it seems the 2GB ones are not only hard to find/get but much pricier than the larger ones. Mine (OEM 4GB) is plenty, would be nice to find a smaller one to see if it loads any faster given I use so little of the 4GB. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.