Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
Early this morning (~1400utc) I monitored what sounded like an aircraft on 6760.0 kHz USB in an unknown language. I am not good with languages perhaps somebody can translate or identify where this may be coming from. My guess would be Asia based on propagation and time of day.

Audio: 6760.0_unid_aircraft.mp3

Hooligan

Early this morning (~1400utc) I monitored what sounded like an aircraft on 6760.0 kHz USB in an unknown language. I am not good with languages perhaps somebody can translate or identify where this may be coming from. My guess would be Asia based on propagation and time of day.

Audio: 6760.0_unid_aircraft.mp3

I think Japanese, based on inflections & sounds, though I didn't hear any of the many Japanese words I know. They're definitely using English for some words/phrases, such as phonetic alphabet, and I heard "correction" in there too.

Tim

SCPD

QRT
Definitely Japanese. Sounds military. They might be monitoring the tensions between South/North Korea. For once, I was up at that hour. I was monitoring the radio for a bit.

I didn't catch that one but I heard the North Central MARS net on 3008khz USB. It was quite weak but readable. Local MARS net for Illinois and upper central US.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.