6925 Usb Pirate Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
nothing at 11:41 EST.

I'll keep trying. Using a slinky hung on insulators and a gator clip and speaker cable lead to the whip. I should turn the notebook PC off tho. It puts out tons of noise.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
That must be the most popular center frequency there is for US SW pirates, you can hear just about anything in LSB, USB or AM. I say centered because they're not always on it, mostly clustered around it. They're very sporadic in and out like popcorn so you just have to monitor endless hours of static before you hear anything, usually one brief transmission and more hours of static. Before the FCC broom swept them away it was like listening to a regular only funnier broadcast station especially on holidays when activity peaks.

kb2vxa

Banned
Aye cap'n sa na we run ya up th' mast sa ya kin grab th' coax, we need a new antenna! Ar, leave th' birdie, we need birdie fer th' radyo.

AAAWK! Pieces of eight, pieces of eight. Polly wanna microphone.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
OK Sarcasm aside - Warren, is that what I think it is - the original Radio Caroline ship? I saw something very much like that in a presentation given at this past Winterfest. One wonders how that tall mast wouldn't tip the ship....73 Mike

kb2vxa

Banned
Yup, Radio Caroline alright. Mike, when you have a load of these for ballast that mast would stand up fairly well BUT coastal storms being what they are it one day fell into the sea. Oh, that's the man himself and for more visit the web site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.