6950 Pirate Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB3RXH

Premium Subscriber
Wolverine Radio is up on 6950 at 01:30 UTC. Very strong signal into Pittsburgh, Pa.

Token

Most of Wolverines programs are "theme" oriented. Each song has something in common. And they most often start with pretty old music first working up to newer stuff. At the time you posted he was doing a "Time" theme, not a hard pull on New Years Eve. After that one finished (with an SSTV image, can be seen on my Pirate SSTV page at Mohave Desert, California, Live Pirate Radio SSTV Cam Page ) he went directly into another show, this one "Alcohol" themed, again, not a tough pull for New Years Eve ;)

He did over 2 hours of programming, all boomin in from east coast to west coast and up into northern Canada.

There are several good pirates on the air, but of the currently active stations I think Wolverine probably puts the most effort into his programming.

T!

kruser

Premium Subscriber
After that one finished (with an SSTV image, can be seen on my Pirate SSTV page at Mohave Desert, California, Live Pirate Radio SSTV Cam Page ) he went directly into another show, this one "Alcohol" themed, again, not a tough pull for New Years Eve ;)

He did over 2 hours of programming, all boomin in from east coast to west coast and up into northern Canada.

There are several good pirates on the air, but of the currently active stations I think Wolverine probably puts the most effort into his programming.

T!

Your images are interesting Token. When I compare my captured SSTV images with those that you captured, the noise lines are identical!
I only caught the bartender image last night but I found it interesting when I noticed the spots with noise were identical between our copies!

k9rzz

I was working in the shack last night and enjoyed listening to Wolverine Radio. Why didn't he go to midnight? (midnight eastern at least?). Then there was Tuner Radio which used some old Kraftwerk as an intro which I thought was well done, but the signal was pretty lousy and most of the programming seemed to be a long monologue?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
WFMP Family radio is on 6925 AM right now 20:35z playing assorted music.

Radio 2012 International has taken over the frequency at 21:00z playing assorted mixed music.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.