6981 KHz Mars (Encrypted Messages ??)

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I believe that 6981 USB is a Mars Frequency, I hear there voices from time to time but I also pick up messages they send and was wondering if the messages are Encrypted or if there is a decoder out there that will decode the messages. I attached a audio file of the message. Thanks for any information.
Steve

Attachments

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
I believe that 6981 USB is a Mars Frequency, I hear there voices from time to time but I also pick up messages they send and was wondering if the messages are Encrypted or if there is a decoder out there that will decode the messages. I attached a audio file of the message. Thanks for any information.
MARCS doesn't encrypt that I can recall (at least, they never did when I was a member).

They're probably using radio teletype (RTTY to hams, but MARS calls it RATT). If so you should be able to decode it with any decent RTTY or multi-mode decoder like FLDigi.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
MARCS doesn't encrypt that I can recall (at least, they never did when I was a member).

They're probably using radio teletype (RTTY to hams, but MARS calls it RATT). If so you should be able to decode it with any decent RTTY or multi-mode decoder like FLDigi.
Thanks for the information I will try and see if I can decode it with RTTY with my Multipsk software
Steve

n2nov

NYC/NNJ DB Admin
Database Admin
This transmission is not MARS. You do know that this area just below 7 Mhz is frequented by pirates and unlicensed prepper-type groups?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
This transmission is not MARS. You do know that this area just below 7 Mhz is frequented by pirates and unlicensed prepper-type groups?
I have listened to mars on this frequencies and I am sure that I herd once or twice that they were going to send a message and that's the digital noise I picked up. But I could be wrong.
Steve

n2nov

NYC/NNJ DB Admin
Database Admin
they were going to send a message
When MARS nets start, they do a voice roll call. Then a training or information message may be passed using a digital mode that sounds like a rolling white noise (like SDT, OFDM, MT63, etc).

Saint

Premium Subscriber
When MARS nets start, they do a voice roll call. Then a training or information message may be passed using a digital mode that sounds like a rolling white noise (like SDT, OFDM, MT63, etc).
I don't no , that's why I attached a audio file for every one to listen to, what I am asking is if you listen to the audio file is this a digital signal that can be decoded and if so please tell me what decoder will do this, that's all I want to know, I do not need any other information.
What is the signal and can I decode it .
Steve