6m Activity Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Hearing QSOs from Canada (EN10), Tennessee (EM55), and Louisiana (EM30).

Not sure if this qualifies as a band opening, though, because I don't know how much power they're running. Although, I am only hearing the remote (far) side of the QSO, so probably...

pinetree

150MH is also open I am sitting in Delaware west of Dover and listening to the entire south east coast of New Jersey Fire and ambulance dispatchs, both sides

W8OSP

Yeah 6m has been real nice past couple days. This evening made a nice qso with MN, EN35. Heard a ton of more stations. Wasnt really able to talk much though, to many other things going on.

Last edited:

nexus

10 Meters was open all day today as well... AWESOME signals. I must of heard 10 or 12 beacons between 28.200 and 28.300 And a lot of strong signals from Ohio, NC, SC, WA, and NM. Hope the band holds up tomorrow. I'm going to try to work some of it.

W2WP

W8OSP said:
Yeah 6m has been real nice past couple days. This evening made a nice qso with MN, EN35. Heard a ton of more stations. Wasnt really able to talk much though, to many other things going on.

It sure was one heck of a contest weekend with 6m as open as it was. Heck, I FINALLY worked California (Washington last week) with 50 watts into a dipole (W3FF Buddipole) in my dining room! Been one crazy summer so far on 6..........

Mark / W2KRP

morganAL

Unfortunately my antenna for 6 in laying on the ground in pieces but another local ham worked Spain & Italy on 6 last week from EM64

VA3QRM

morganAL said:
Unfortunately my antenna for 6 in laying on the ground in pieces but another local ham worked Spain & Italy on 6 last week from EM64
I am serious here.......put it together and mount it on the clothes line pole or kids' swing set, or leave it on the ground. During the CQ contest on the weekend I worked western washington and oregon from EN82 QRP with a vertical attached to the chimney. Worked into New hampshire and New Orleans area on FM simplex as well. Heard a FK.... in France 5/9 in the DX window. Some of the best E skip I have heard on 6 meters.
VA3QRM

red8

I WAS HOME LAST NIGHT LISTENING TO MY 396 WHEN I SOME TRAFFIC ON THE LAFAYTTE TYPE I TRUNK SYSTEM, AND I HAVE NEVER PICKED THEM UP BEFORE, I LIVE ABOUT 60 MILES EAST OF
LAFAYETTE OVER IN TRAILER TRASH CAPITAL OF THE WORLD.
LIVINGSTON PARISH. WHERE JUST THE OTHER DAY A NEIGHBOR
OF MINE WAS MOWING HIS LAWN AND FOUND HIS BATHTUB. LOL
MY GOOD FRIENDS THANK YOU
red8

Status
Not open for further replies.