WS1098: 7/18 Whistler Refurbished sale - WS1098 sold out within seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecarvalho

Man, I guess there was just 1 WS1098 on this sale. I was on the site at 11:58 am CT, got the WS1098 in my cart by 12:00 pm CT - and by the time I got to checkout it said inventory was gone.

I suppose having it in the cart is not a sale until you checkout.

Better luck for me next time.

Anyone else missed this one?

ecarvalho

Bummer!! I think my mistake was that I only logged into the site on the process ... should've logged in before hand. I didn't think it would sell that fast tho... besides the WS1098 and 1088, none of the other scanners interested me.

scansalot52

I was logged in for over an hour. Had to refresh the page a couple of times to see the 1098. Had it in the cart by 1201. None available!

RDGDigital

The same thing happened with me. I was logged in ahead of time, and also had to hit refresh a few times. At the time the WS1098 was on the page, the other scanners hadn't been added yet. I guess Whistler was adding them one at a time. Even though the screen with my address was already populated, I still wasn't fast enough and by the time I got to the payment screen, they were already sold out.

I have to wonder, with so few units available, why bother with a promotion? These were going to sell out the first day no matter what.

scosgt

Meanwhile, they wanted $260 for a refurb 1098 with a 90 day warranty. Don't know about shipping and tax.
Amazon had it for $338 delivered. Still at $346 this morning. About $80 more brand new, and even less if Whistler was charging for shipping and tax.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Even though i didnt get one i am glad to see they have these types of sales.

Last time they had one i was able to pick up a WS1080 refurb cheap and so far its working great.

Wendy Whister- what happened Tuesday at noon?

Other limited volume sales that I've used online, once the item was in your cart you had 20 minutes to complete the transaction or then it went back onto the open market. I clicked on the rig within 10 seconds of it going online, put it in my card, added my card into, and it said 'no inventory'. WTH- did they have ONE and ONLY ONE of their two high-end scanners available - if so, not cool. Also not cool that once in your cart you have 5 seconds to enter all your data, or someone else can sniper the rig away from you? AFAIKT, absolutely no one was able to purchase the top two items, while the old and skimpy very much overpriced items were still available 10 hours later.
I'm glad they had a sale, but their 'cart system' is garbage. Amazon doesn't work like that, nor should Whister.
What gives Wendy? Was it a typo and you didn't have either of the higher priced scanners to sell?
Just a 'bait and switch' to get us to buy up your old overstocked overpriced units? Disappointed is an understatement.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Perhaps all you marketing geniuses should offer your expertise to Whistler, as it appears according to you they have no idea how to run a company

ecarvalho

The message of frustration with their cart system is sent. That's basically what most of us are expressing here marcotor.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I would have to agree. If an item is in your cart it should be taken out of available inventory while you put in the info to buy it, I also agree that when amazon had a flash sale i was told i had 20 minutes to complete or it goes back into inventory.
The sale is a good idea, its the execution of the sale that is making people upset.

ecarvalho

Correct! Most folks here had a WS1098 in the cart before the other sale items were even shown online. There should be some sort of temporary inventory hold to allow people data entry and complete the sale. I was so excited to have this in my cart I was screaming YEAH... !!! and then... WTH?

So Whistler if you are reading this, we are calling for an improvement to your cart system online, please.

Paco-Jerte

You Member, Member!
I was able to add on in the cart (as pictured) just now and when going to check out it shows OOS (as pictured)

To me they had zero 1088's available and was just a tactic to sell the other models which are still available as of right now.

ws1040 & ws1025 :confused::confused:

Attachments

• 1088.jpg
    1088.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 422
  • 1088-2.jpg
    1088-2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 418

Blackswan73

According to an unconfirmed source who claimed he called customers service, Whistler only had a dozen radios between the 1088, and 1098. When asked why inventory wasn't updated when a radio was put in a cart, he stated the inventory only updated after check out. In other words whoever got through check out first got the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.