WS1098: 7/18 Whistler Refurbished sale - WS1098 sold out within seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scansalot52

Email from Wendy About Sale

I wrote to Customer Service even before posting started here. I got a reply a few minutes ago.
I too would like anyone lucky enough to get one to post here in this thread.

Here is the reply:

"We are sorry that you had an unsatisfactory experience with our refurbished unit sale.

As stated in our email, this sale features very limited quantities and sells out VERY quickly. Unfortunately this time the units were so popular that they sold out too quickly and caused a bad experience for some customers, like you. The items are loaded into our store and are set to automatically go live at noon. This assures that they will not go live any earlier or later than the specified time.

We hope to continue to have these refurbished unit sales from time to time as inventory allows and hope that you will keep an eye on our website for the next sale."

Wendy
Customer Support
Whistler Group

Last edited:

ecarvalho

I just want to learn the technique used by whoever got those models to be able to complete the transaction so fast.

Maybe autocomplete on the credit card fields and also be logged in minutes before the sale.

I was at work so I didn't have the luxury to autocomplete. But I could have logged on ahead of time. I was so naive!

Last edited:

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I just want to learn the technique used by whoever got those models to be able to complete the transaction so fast.

Maybe autocomplete on the credit card fields and also be logged in minutes before the sale.

I was at work so I didn't have the luxury to autocomplete. But I could have logged on ahead of time. I was so naive!
Fast internet, stored info and card data along with luck !

srletend

I got one (although it has not shipped yet...). I had been signed in to my account, went right at Noon, added to cart, put in credit card, and got confirmation of purchase. I had no issues with the online sale--guess I was one of the lucky ones.

Couple other notes based on some things I've seen asked in the thread:
- there were multiple shipping options (to TX for me), lowest was $9 via USPS, I chose UPS Ground for $15
- No sales tax charged

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
HI everyone -
Sorry for the delay in responding to this thread. As you can imagine it has been a busy week here.

1. I would like to say that I am terribly sorry if some of you had a bad experience with this sale.
2. The items are loaded into our system and are set to go live at a certain time (we chose noon) and they went live at exactly 12:00 central time. For some of you that did not see the items at noon it is possible that you may have needed to refresh your browser or something to that effect. (honestly I am not sure why some of you would have seen them and some wouldn't have but I am looking into any issues before we have another sale).
3. I will tell you that the WS1088 and WS1098 are the most popular and that they sold out in under a minute (CRAZY!!!) which is possibly why some of you said that the items were already sold out at noon. They were there, they just sold out before you loaded your page most likely.

We have not changed anything regarding out cart system and it is the same system that we have used for our other sales. Most likely any issues were due to the limited quantities that we had of the WS1088 and WS1098. We were excited to get you all deals on these higher end scanners but our quantity threshold (while still a decent amount) was apparently below the threshold of what worked well for the system.

We are excited to continue to have these types of sales for you but in order to provide a better experience for you we will look to build up our quantities a little more before we release them as a sale.

Again, thank you for your patience and loyalty. You guys are all the best!

-Whistler Wendy

ecarvalho

I will tell you that the WS1088 and WS1098 are the most popular and that they sold out in under a minute (CRAZY!!!) which is possibly why some of you said that the items were already sold out at noon. They were there, they just sold out before you loaded your page most likely.

-Whistler Wendy

Thanks
One question is, can you guys upgrade the cart system to temporarily hold the item for about 5 minutes giving us a chance to complete the transaction?
Myself and others here had a WS1098 in the shopping cart by 12:00pm but when clicking continue from the credit card entry screen, received an inventory error. That item was gone ... "snatched from our cart" ...
Myself here doubt I will try buying in a sale like this in the future if it's going to be like that.
Thanks for replying

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks
One question is, can you guys upgrade the cart system to temporarily hold the item for about 5 minutes giving us a chance to complete the transaction?
Myself and others here had a WS1098 in the shopping cart by 12:00pm but when clicking continue from the credit card entry screen, received an inventory error. That item was gone ... "snatched from our cart" ...
Myself here doubt I will try buying in a sale like this in the future if it's going to be like that.
Thanks for replying

Hi -
I am looking into it so I don't have the answer right now.
However, I assure you that when we do have another sale we will have looked into all of the issues.
I believe that the issues were caused by the limited quantities and we will make sure that our inventory threshold is higher the next time that we do a sale.

Thanks,
WW

ecarvalho

Hi -

I am looking into it so I don't have the answer right now.

However, I assure you that when we do have another sale we will have looked into all of the issues.

I believe that the issues were caused by the limited quantities and we will make sure that our inventory threshold is higher the next time that we do a sale.

Thanks,

WW

Sounds good! Thanks Wendy.

ecarvalho

Fast internet, stored info and card data along with luck !

I have my data and login automatically load, but from home. Unfortunately at the time of this sale I was at the office and there, I don't store personal data as you can understand.
Wendy is looking into the cart system so I have hopes for improvements:)

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
:)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 1.50.15 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 1.50.15 AM.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 286

mr1scan

Premium Subscriber
Whistler sale

I think the way it was handled was very poor on the e-mail it said click here but when you did it did not bring you b to the refurbished sale you had to order it from the Web page next time I will know that
Who ever made out with gett6one good luck
Joe

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
My 1098 arrived today, and I apparently do not know how to turn it on. I press the power button, I got a single blip of lighted panel then blank. If I hold the power button, it says either initializing SD card, or waiting for main unit. As soon as I let go of the power button, the display goes blank and nothing happens. I haven't read the manual, but am I doing it wrong?

And for Whistlers email, the link in the email led me to the page that had the 1098 pop up at 12:00PM CST.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, that wasn't working...read the SD card, wrote back to it, and now the scanner is working...weird. Came in OEM packaging, in general used but very good condition...like a good eBay purchase with a warranty. :)

Paul

bpittman

My 1098 arrived today, and I apparently do not know how to turn it on. I press the power button, I got a single blip of lighted panel then blank. If I hold the power button, it says either initializing SD card, or waiting for main unit. As soon as I let go of the power button, the display goes blank and nothing happens. I haven't read the manual, but am I doing it wrong?

And for Whistlers email, the link in the email led me to the page that had the 1098 pop up at 12:00PM CST.

Paul

After holding the power button for about 2 seconds a Whistler screen should pop up with a "release power" right under it. Does the blank screen remain white?

Bill
KC4YIH

Status
Not open for further replies.