7/27/2020 EZ Scan Update

Whistler_Support

Whistler Representative
Premium Subscriber
Later today we will be releasing updates for the Whistler EZ Scan pc app to address a few recently discovered bugs when sorting by select columns, an import bug, and a to fulfill a request for Squelch column and object count to the Scanlist tab.

Changes to the WS1080/88, WS1095/98, TRX-1, and TRX-2 pc apps are as follows.
  • Fixed crash issue when importing certain system types using the location methods.
  • Fixed sorting issue on the Scanlist tab where the alert column was not being updated after a sort.
  • Fixed import issues when importing Motorola Type I and Type IIi systems where talkgroup IDs were not being decoded properly.
  • Added a squelch information column to the Scanlist tab.
  • Updated the sort order when sorting based on the alert type on all screens.
  • Fixed a file access issue when importing from a WS-1040 or WS-1065 scanner.

Changes to the TRX-1E and TRX-2E pc apps are as follows.
  • Fixed sorting issue on the Scanlist tab where the alert column was not being updated after a sort.
  • Added a squelch information column to the Scanlist tab.
  • Updated the sort order when sorting based on the alert type on all screens.
  • Fixed a file access issue when importing from a WS-1040 or WS-1065 scanner.

JERRYBIGJ

I installed new version 3.36 for my TRX-1 ez scan computer program and installed latest library version 685 and now I have 14 trunked systems using Ohio MARCS-IP and when updating existing channels it takes forever to update each trunked sites on all 14 systems. Took over 35 minutes to complete the update process and no site needed updated. Why so slow updating trunked sites now?
Jerry

Whistler_Support

Whistler Representative
Premium Subscriber
I installed new version 3.36 for my TRX-1 ez scan computer program and installed latest library version 685 and now I have 14 trunked systems using Ohio MARCS-IP and when updating existing channels it takes forever to update each trunked sites on all 14 systems. Took over 35 minutes to complete the update process and no site needed updated. Why so slow updating trunked sites now?
Jerry

Please email a copy of your archived configuration to support@whistlergroup.com along with your message above so we may take a look at it.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Later today we will be releasing updates for the Whistler EZ Scan pc app to address a few recently discovered bugs when sorting by select columns, an import bug, and a to fulfill a request for Squelch column and object count to the Scanlist tab.
I updated the 4 EZ Scan apps with no problems When I attempted to download the 4 files from your site for backup, every one was blocked because it could damage my device.

Whistler_Support

Whistler Representative
Premium Subscriber
I updated the 4 EZ Scan apps with no problems When I attempted to download the 4 files from your site for backup, every one was blocked because it could damage my device.

These are digitally signed files from The Whistler Group. Anti virus programs are typical to error on the side of caution especially for an executable file and may have a pop up a box asking if you trust the author and may give you the option to accept once, accept always, or decline.

tvengr

Well Known Member
These are digitally signed files from The Whistler Group. Anti virus programs are typical to error on the side of caution especially for an executable file and may have a pop up a box asking if you trust the author and may give you the option to accept once, accept always, or decline.
I was able to override the blocking. For your info, it was Microsoft Defender that blocked the files. Thanks for the help!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm having a similar issue as @JERRYBIGJ when I attempt to update 1 TG it takes forever, first freezing after updating conventional channels (none in the system) then goes very slow importing sites/Talkgroups. In the time it took me to type this message, several minutes as I'm a slow typist, it only moved 2%. And gives me a problem minimizing the program or restoring the screen while doing update (did not do that before the update).

UPDATE: Whistler is aware this is an issue and has asked the engineers to look at it to figure out the problem. They duplicated the issue (though the import for them was much faster than for me) and agree it is a problem.

Last edited:

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for giving Whistler owners continued support. Anyone who used the original GRE software has seen definite improvements and more reliable firmware update installations

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
I'm having a similar issue as @JERRYBIGJ when I attempt to update 1 TG it takes forever, first freezing after updating conventional channels (none in the system) then goes very slow importing sites/Talkgroups. In the time it took me to type this message, several minutes as I'm a slow typist, it only moved 2%. And gives me a problem minimizing the program or restoring the screen while doing update (did not do that before the update).

UPDATE: Whistler is aware this is an issue and has asked the engineers to look at it to figure out the problem. They duplicated the issue (though the import for them was much faster than for me) and agree it is a problem.

I have noticed that if I pull the SD card and do the update on my computer, it is much faster than if I leave the SD card in the radio.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed that if I pull the SD card and do the update on my computer, it is much faster than if I leave the SD card in the radio.

I was just running the update in EZ Scan, which I gave up on after 30 minutes of waiting, haven't tried moving them to the scanner. This is an issue with the newest version of the EZ Scan program, not uploading the configuration to the SD card.

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
I was just running the update in EZ Scan, which I gave up on after 30 minutes of waiting, haven't tried moving them to the scanner. This is an issue with the newest version of the EZ Scan program, not uploading the configuration to the SD card.

I just did the entire update in less than 5 minutes. Take the SD card out of your scanner and place it in your computer's SD card reader. The update is much faster that way. If you leave the card in the scanner and perform updates it takes forever.

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
I did my WS1098, TRX-1 and TRX-2 updates with my card reader all in the matter of a couple of minutes with no issues with all three.

Thanks to Whistler for the continued support.

Whistler_Support

Whistler Representative
Premium Subscriber

We are looking into why this is happening and hope to have an answer shortly.

JERRYBIGJ

Thanks for fixing this problem 3.37 works great on my TRX-1 ezscan computer program. Updates fast now on trunked sites and talkgroups.
Jerry

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
I just downloaded and installed 2.47 for the 1080. Having a laptop with a 4K screen, I am getting the little screen issue and am trying to figure out the compatibility mode I need to use to get the app to open up with the proper scaling.

Any clues?

tvengr

Well Known Member
I just downloaded and installed 2.47 for the 1080. Having a laptop with a 4K screen, I am getting the little screen issue and am trying to figure out the compatibility mode I need to use to get the app to open up with the proper scaling.
I had a similar problem years ago. Here is the response from Whistler:

Right click on the shortcut and select Properties > Compatibility > and under settings check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior, then select System in the drop down box and hit Apply.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
I had a similar problem years ago. Here is the response from Whistler:

Right click on the shortcut and select Properties > Compatibility > and under settings check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior, then select System in the drop down box and hit Apply.
Will give that a try. I tried changing it for the app not the system.