7/27/2020 EZ Scan Update

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Does that error appear on opening EZ Scan? It looks like it is an issue with copying files to EZ Scan from the SD Card.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
cant get software to open on windows 11 for 1098 scanner.

its happens when reading from SD card

Okay, that seems to be a different issue than stated, as software is started/open but you are having SD card issues reading into the program. Have you tried to set time on scanner, this will show if the program and radio are able to talk to each other, that'd be the first thing I'd try.

Swipesy

I have had that issue with Windows 10. To get it to work I not only uninstalled EZScan but I also deleted the Whistler Directory AND deleted Whistler EZScan from the Registry (don't mess with the Registry if you are not familiar with how to do that). Then I d/l the latest version of EZScan and reinstalled it and it worked fine. If that doesn't work, email John at Whistler Tech support.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber

BCJ2

Premium Subscriber
here is how i got it going
With the SD card in the card reader, right click on the SD card and select "Properties" then click on the "Tools" tab. You will see the top item "Error Checking" click on the "Check" button and let Windows check for errors.
Once completed, open EZScan and then try and open the SD card.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
EZ Scan software is no longer available to download via Whistler website.

Any ideas where to get the EZ Scan software for TRX-1?
A valid download link, thanks

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Whistler is in the process of updating the site and making changes to how things appear and are stored on their end, they are currently working on updating everything, give them some time and it will be back up. They are aware of this and working on it.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thank you

Anyone have a link to the software in the meantime?
EZ Scan for TRX-1

The Whistler site is the only place to get current reliable copies of the software. You could try calling Whistler and asking for help. 866-923-8719

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
So no one has saved the TRX-1 EZ Scan software, and stored it anywhere online?
Besides the Whistler website, that is experiencing issues

I found the Pro-668 EZ Scan software.

Can I download that one, and use for the TRX-1?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
So no one has saved the TRX-1 EZ Scan software, and stored it anywhere online anywhere?
Besides the Whistler website, that is experiencing issues

I found the Pro-668 EZ Scan software.

Can I download that one, and use for the TRX-1?

No, the 668 will not work properly when you program the TRX. If you are that desperate for the software call Whistler, they might be able to email it to you. If you use software for another model or not the proper version you'll be back asking how to fix this or that.