7 East Tx. Pineywoods Cnty's

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMac

Hello to everyone who may view this post. I am newly transplanted from the arid desert state of Zona {AZ} and setteled in Shelby Cnty. I would like to start a local group for firefighters both career & voillies.

I currently have an {Excel} works in progress list of 75 {known} agencies w/n the 7 Cnty region of Angelina, Nacogdoches, Panola, Rusk, Sabine, San Augustine & Shelby.

So far I have been able to only ID 15 of the 75 agencies on my list. TFS & US Forest Service are 2 that I would like to add as the data becomes available.

There are several other heading catagories that I would like to add to the list if anyone would share the same interest as I.

Most of the data that I have collected is a result of searching thru the 154 MHZ band for fire dept''s and listening to names of agencies for whom the disp. was directed to.

And of course I have also searched thru SO bands for smaller vollie dept's that may not be on ANY radio systems. I thank I have found 2 so far. Most tho have there own or shared systems.

I stopped by local Taiwan Imports {aka Radio Shack} for cheet sheet, took 1 look @ it and handed it back to clerk w/comment that his list was totally 100% useless, and had damned near zero listing for public safety serv's including LEO's. Therefore I had no need for it.

Please respond if you might be interested in exchanging data.

Respectfully
Danny

DMac

twobytwo said:
Here is a link to TFS that shows all the VFD in Texas.I live in West Texas where forest is just a word in the dictionary.http://tfsfrp.tamu.edu/firereporting/vfd/default.asp

Thank U for that link. However I am aware of it & earlier in the summer I rostered all 830 {career & Vollie} agencies in Excel format and can now mamipulate in about 12 different ways. Now all I need to do is start adding freq's {disp./tac/MA/TFS}, # of stations for each, apparatus & exact location.

As regards dictionary here is a link you might find interesting to take a peek @ as tyme permits. Contains sum 7+ million words in 930 dictionaries and 17 languanges.

http://onelook.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.