700 MHz Close Call Hit at Richmond Int'l Raceway

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtscho

Database Admin
Last night at the State Fair, I got a Close Call hit of 764.4000. It was P25 voice, of course. Not much of a conversation, so was not able to ID. I didn't think to search around the band for a control channel.

Could this be what the Virginia State Police are using as their portable radio link to the STARS system installed in the cars? (There were quite a few STARS-enabled VSP vehicles at the Fair.) I don't know if this has been covered before, but I can't remember anyone saying what 700/800 frequencies are going to be used to transmit from the trooper's portable to the in-car system.

Thanks,
Dave

RagnarD

Premium Subscriber
In a valley that only a few know where it is
Hi Dave,

One morning while going to my office in Richmond there was a higher number of troopers on I-295 than usual and I got a cc hit on 764.4125.

I assumed that it was the mobile repeater frequency but your hunch of it being the portable frequency has merit as well.

FWIW I have it programmed into my STARS bank on the GRE's as STARS MRE.

de
chris
kq4z

W4UVV

dtscho said:
Last night at the State Fair, I got a Close Call hit of 764.4000. It was P25 voice, of course. Not much of a conversation, so was not able to ID. I didn't think to search around the band for a control channel.

Could this be what the Virginia State Police are using as their portable radio link to the STARS system installed in the cars? (There were quite a few STARS-enabled VSP vehicles at the Fair.) I don't know if this has been covered before, but I can't remember anyone saying what 700/800 frequencies are going to be used to transmit from the trooper's portable to the in-car system.

Thanks,
Dave

My database shows 764.4125 mhz. as a STARS MDT frequency. Check the STARS site archive files for discussion of system features. Somewhere planned utilization of 700/800 mhz. frequencies is mentioned briefly.

Status
Not open for further replies.