700 mhz digital in Lucas Co or MARCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsrailfan6130

Just a quick question, I picked up some digital control Freqs this weekend and two of them was 772.434375 & 772.43125. From what I've seen so far they have this 1C0 signature & BEE00 Signature to it. If I am not mistaken these are the same signatures (if you will) Lucas County uses. Would it be safe to assume Lucas Co. is either expanding their present system or Is MARCS building 700mhz towers in Lucas Co? Can anyone down in Toledo/Lucas Co check into these just to be sure? Any help would be appreciated!

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Doing an FCC shows the frequencies are licensed to Fulton County. It looks like you picked up the new Fulton County sub-system of the Lucas County P25 system. All public safety in Fulton County will use this new system once it's up and running.

jackj

ctpd845 is right. The tower is located at the Fulton Co. Hospital and is on the air. However Lucas County's TRS control frequencies are all in the 852 to 855 Mhz range. I don't know what you would be picking up around 772 Mhz.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
ctpd845 is right. The tower is located at the Fulton Co. Hospital and is on the air. However Lucas County's TRS control frequencies are all in the 852 to 855 Mhz range. I don't know what you would be picking up around 772 Mhz.

The new Fulton County system will just be a sub-system built off the Lucas County P25 system. The Fulton County system will have it's own frequncies and radio traffic. It will not carry all the Lucas County Traffic. Basically the Fulton County System will just be using the site controller from the Lucas County System

Since 800 mhz frequncies are all but dried up this isn't surprising that the Fulton County System will use 700 mhz frequncies..

jackj

I could be wrong about this but I understand that the Lucas County system is a simulcast system which means that they use the same frequencies at all of their towers. If that's true then the control channels will be the same at all towers. I'm in Delta and regularly monitor the Springfield Twp FD. I'm not sure when it happened but sometime in the last few weeks the CC went from about 50-75% to full scale on my scanner. I know someone who has been installing the radios, I drop him an e-mail and ask about CC frequencies.

You are right that Fulton County's system(s) will be a sub-system off of their controller. It will be just like the other systems carried by Lucas Co.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
I could be wrong about this but I understand that the Lucas County system is a simulcast system which means that they use the same frequencies at all of their towers. If that's true then the control channels will be the same at all towers. I'm in Delta and regularly monitor the Springfield Twp FD. I'm not sure when it happened but sometime in the last few weeks the CC went from about 50-75% to full scale on my scanner. I know someone who has been installing the radios, I drop him an e-mail and ask about CC frequencies.

You are right that Fulton County's system(s) will be a sub-system off of their controller. It will be just like the other systems carried by Lucas Co.

Your right about the Lucas County System. The Fulton County System will basically be a stand alone system, just one tower site. The 700 mhz frequencies the OP is hearing are just two of the frequencies that will be used on the Fulton County System. The Lucas County and Fulton County Systems will each have their own set of frequencies. Lucas County in the 800 and Fulton County seems like they will use 700. The Fulton County System will not broadcast the same radio traffic as the Lucas County System.

The scanner user will have to scan each system as if they have nothing to do with each other.

jackj

I just heard back from my friend and I was wrong. The new Fulton County system will be as you described it ctpd845. So the info I had gotten from another source was in error. I hope I didn't propagate the erroneous info too far.

I wonder if Lucas County has changed the antenna pattern on one of their sites? The signal I'm receiving is quite a bit stronger than it has been in the past, but I'm still getting choppy audio from them. I'm using a Uniden 996T.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Your right about the Lucas County System. The Fulton County System will basically be a stand alone system, just one tower site. The 700 mhz frequencies the OP is hearing are just two of the frequencies that will be used on the Fulton County System. The Lucas County and Fulton County Systems will each have their own set of frequencies. Lucas County in the 800 and Fulton County seems like they will use 700. The Fulton County System will not broadcast the same radio traffic as the Lucas County System.

The scanner user will have to scan each system as if they have nothing to do with each other.

Correct. For all intents and purposes they'll be two separate systems; they're simply sharing a master site controller. They'll likely be administered separately as well.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Just a quick question, I picked up some digital control Freqs this weekend and two of them was 772.434375 & 772.43125. From what I've seen so far they have this 1C0 signature & BEE00 Signature to it. If I am not mistaken these are the same signatures (if you will) Lucas County uses. Would it be safe to assume Lucas Co. is either expanding their present system or Is MARCS building 700mhz towers in Lucas Co? Can anyone down in Toledo/Lucas Co check into these just to be sure? Any help would be appreciated!

If you could latch onto a site number and so forth for the Fulton County system I'll add it to the database.

Intellifax

Been listening to the Fulton County subsystem for a couple of weeks. Just install tfc heard so far. They were re-broadcasting TG 10000, the Lucas County Sheriff Dispatch TG. Nothing on it today though. CC is 772.43125.

Edit: Using TG 10689 for install radio checks, 1350 local time..

Last edited:

jackj

Typo ?

Is the frequency you quoted (772.434375) a typo? I've never seen a scanner frequency spec'd to 5 hz before.

Intellifax

The control channel has been switched this AM. Now on 771.50625, and very weak. Sporadic decoding here on a PRO-197 with outdoor antenna less than 20 miles away. The 772.43125 previously used was much stronger, 100% copy. On an Icom R-8500, a check of 771.50625 does not even move the needle.

jackj

I'm in Delta, about 7 miles east of the tower and 771.50625 isn't full scale here. I wonder if they have some problems with it. The transmitter on 772.43125 was full scale yesterday. I haven't heard any traffic yet but I haven't been listening all day either.

Status
Not open for further replies.