700 MHz Frequencies in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
It has been about a year since anyone has posted anything about 700 MHz frequencies. Especially here in New Jersey.
I have noticed in the RR data base for NJ 2 listings;

The above is only one frequency out of eight that has been assigned to both agencies. Looking at the FCC license data and even the sequential FCC call sign I am assuming they are indeed related. (If tactical and interoperability does not already give the reason away) Also the license data indicates low power (2 watts) and 2 very narrow bandwidths.

So my question is, has any one monitored activity on these frequencies
recently Trunked, Conventional FM , P25 or data?

Thanks

knieglos / K2YYN :cool:

robbinsj2

I could be wrong but I believe analog is not permitted on 700MHz. I don't remember whether that's a policy thing or a technical necessity based on the assigned bandwidths.

Someone with the Essex County Sheriff's Office is also affiliated with the NJ Office of Public Safety Communications and with APCO frequency coordination, so I'm sure it isn't a coincidence.

Jim

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I could be wrong but I believe analog is not permitted on 700MHz. I don't remember whether that's a policy thing or a technical necessity based on the assigned bandwidths.

Analog is only allowed on the (few) low power channels...intended for SCBA communications and such. All of the General and State use channels require a digital mode (doesn't have to be P25). The interop channels have to be P25.

Status
Not open for further replies.