700 MHz VIPER Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcfd988

Feed Provider
Hi all,

I am curious to poll the group here and see what others are doing when programming the 700 MHz VIPER sites into their scanners. I am a bit confused as to whether or not there is a special custom band plan needed. Are the any programming idiosyncrasies that differ between the Uniden/Radio Shack/GRE/Whistler scanners?

The only site I am somewhat close to is the Welcome site. I have programmed it according to the instructions provided in this thread http://forums.radioreference.com/north-carolina-radio-discussion-forum/312953-welcome-700mhz-viper-help.html but I still do not hear any traffic.

Thanks in advance!

Wes

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

I am curious to poll the group here and see what others are doing when programming the 700 MHz VIPER sites into their scanners. I am a bit confused as to whether or not there is a special custom band plan needed. Are the any programming idiosyncrasies that differ between the Uniden/Radio Shack/GRE/Whistler scanners?

The only site I am somewhat close to is the Welcome site. I have programmed it according to the instructions provided in this thread http://forums.radioreference.com/north-carolina-radio-discussion-forum/312953-welcome-700mhz-viper-help.html but I still do not hear any traffic.

Thanks in advance!

Wes

Hey Wes,
From my experience all recent scanners should get the 700Mhz bandplan from
the P25 Control Channel. Now we all know should and does are a long way apart sometimes. :D My Uniden HP-1, HP2, BCD436HP and BCD536HP all get the correct bandplan from the CC when monitoring the Blue Ridge Rd/C&L West Raleigh 700Mhz Site. I have never had to input a bandplan into any of the above radios.
I can't speak as to current GRE models but I would ASSume that they would also get the bandplan from the CC.

Which exact model of scanner are you using?
Marshall KE4ZNR

fcfd988

Feed Provider
Marshall,

Thanks for the input. I noticed that according to the thread I linked above that the band plan was obviously not being communicated to the scanner by the CC........

I am using a good variety. BCD396XT, BCD996XT, BCD536HP, PRO-2096 and PRO-96.

Currently I only have the Welcome site in the 3 Unidens. I have not heard a peep on any of them.

Wes

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Marshall,

Thanks for the input. I noticed that according to the thread I linked above that the band plan was obviously not being communicated to the scanner by the CC........

I am using a good variety. BCD396XT, BCD996XT, BCD536HP, PRO-2096 and PRO-96.

Currently I only have the Welcome site in the 3 Unidens. I have not heard a peep on any of them.

Wes

Weird...I promise I am not doing anything fancy. :)
I just enter the CCs and the scanner gets the everything it needs from the CC.
Just for the heck of it trying entering the default VIPER Bandplan and see if that helps:
iptvm14.jpg

Other than running Pro96Com on the site to see what the status of it is I don't know what else to tell you.
Marshall KE4ZNR

spiritofradio

For whatever reason the Welcome site doesn't broadcast the full band plan, or at least the x36 doesn't pick it up correctly. Manually edit the band plan under site options to reflect the spacing and base freqs above and you'll be good to go.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you put the band plan in correctly... the base freq. is 762.00625 and the input spacing is 6.25.
After I did that I started receiving traffic.

One other thing... I am not very close to the tower, however I can still get about 2 bars of signal. When the signal is weak, my radio has a hard time locking onto a TG.

I hope this will help you.

IcomIcR20

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
So... I just realized that I repeated what Marshall said about the band plan!

Again, Just make sure you are getting a good signal from the tower.

IcomIcR20

Nortonterrier

Premium Subscriber
700mhz Bandplan For BCD996T

Need help setting up 700mhz bandplan for Uniden BCD996T.
I have been told that the radio will pick this info up thru the control channel, but I'd rather have it in there just in case it doesn't work. See attached screen shot for info needed. (upper limit & offset???)

Thanks,
Dave - W4AYS

Attachments

• 700mhzBP_BCD996T.jpg
    700mhzBP_BCD996T.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 193

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Need help setting up 700mhz bandplan for Uniden BCD996T.
I have been told that the radio will pick this info up thru the control channel, but I'd rather have it in there just in case it doesn't work. See attached screen shot for info needed. (upper limit & offset???)

Thanks,
Dave - W4AYS

Hey Dave,
The above is incorrect as your top 2 lines are set up as if you were trying to monitor VIPER as a rebanded radio system. VIPER is a P25 system and not a rebanded system.
Set the site up as Mot P25/P25 Standard from within Freescan.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.