700 Skip this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
TEXAS DPS SWAT: 774.81875 2A1 NAC and ENC

Three DPS Texarkana assignments (But being used by someone else also)

769.90625 130 NAC Clear Fire Department
770.20625 130 NAC Clear Fire Department
773.09375 130 NAC ENC

Radio traffic was crystal clear from 4:30 AM to about 7:30 AM. I was getting DPS Waco also crystal clear here in the Pecan Gap area (Western Delta Co.) These were coming in on the base antenna and mobile. I have no 700 users in the area except Mt. Pleasant and Texarkana but these appear to be Itinerants so there isn't any way to narrow them down.

Maybe someone here has an idea who they belong to ...

jason51

VHF skip was also great this morning. Texhoma 24, what kind of antenna are you using?
i usually get good vhf highband and lowband skip from the beginning of May until around mid July. I have a discone about 25 feet up.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
Comet SBB-14 (Tri-band) on a ground plane kit, LMR-400 about 45 ft. in the air. a 5 element 800 MHz. yagi pointing at Farmersville and a 9 element UHF yagi pointed at Greenville. 3 BCD996P2 with DMR & NXDN. Was a good band opening for sure, will try this morning (Sunday) for some more.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
Probably trunked system voice channels from someplace far off.
Tom, those are Itinerants which to my understanding can be used by anyone who is part of a 700 system. Dallas PD use a few like that, this was not DPD. I have them tagged as DPS simplex or unidentified with NAC search on. Never heard any control channels (I have a ton of conventional 700 in search) and the audio wasn't broken or missing from frequency hopping. I glanced at TxWARN briefly but didn't see anything outstanding. Oh well, guess we'll figure it out one day ... maybe.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
The NAC of 130 points towards GATRRS. I'd suspect an undocumented trunked site in the area. Maybe on the west side of Bowie County since the Texarkana site is a little weak in that area.

nd5y

Tom, those are Itinerants which to my understanding can be used by anyone who is part of a 700 system.
Where did you get the idea that those are itinerant frequencies?
They are State License channels according to the 700 MHz band plan.
There are listed here (and that info came from here) as being assigned to DPS Texarkana.
They could be stand alone repeaters or part of GATRRS in the Texarkana area.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
Where did you get the idea that those are itinerant frequencies?
They are State License channels according to the 700 MHz band plan.
There are listed here (and that info came from here) as being assigned to DPS Texarkana.
They could be stand alone repeaters or part of GATRRS in the Texarkana area.
Wow really? a butt chewing? Kind of an insulting post but okay, whatever!

riverradio68

Feed Provider
The NAC of 130 points towards GATRRS. I'd suspect an undocumented trunked site in the area. Maybe on the west side of Bowie County since the Texarkana site is a little weak in that area.
Thanks, I'll look into this, I can hear Texarkana at night fine and Mt. Pleasant has to be a little off with only two frequencies showing up for the site. They seem to be building more in that direction, I'll swing the yagi and see what I can find.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
It appears that 700 MHz skip is once again working it's magic as of about 4:00 AM over DFW. I am receiving the GMRS system in East Dallas County loud and clear in East Fort Worth on a Wilson Electronics 311125 Dual-Band Magnet Mount Antenna 800/1900 MHz antenna magneted to a bread pan in my scanner room on my SDS 100. I haven't had much luck on the 436, not sure why that is. I have never heard this system before from my house, or even been able to get a single bar of signal strength. Also pulling in the Metrocrest system, Denton County P25 as well as Ellis County FWRRS site. Either the conditions are just right this morning, or they have been playing with the antennas on these sites to allow more interoperability. I have heard DPS 101 talking to the GMRS system while flying near Tarrant county recently.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
Its been an interesting spring for sure. I get a control channel on PHI Med 2 and Air Evac 65 repeaters but can't identify the systems or mode. I doubt it's part of the Air Medical system. Also hearing at night PHI DeSoto on the McKinney repeater, not sure what that's about.

Also, thanks to the skip I have been able to listen to Champion EMS and get a lot of new frequencies Identified with tones.

Lastly, I think, As Kevin C suggested the mysterious 700 MHz frequencies are part of the Bowie County system and quite possibly more GATRRS but when I search the FCC database I'm not getting matches which leads me to believe it might be some bleed over and skip combined. Still searching though, if the conditions will stay wobbly we'll get this stuff Identified.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Lastly, I think, As Kevin C suggested the mysterious 700 MHz frequencies are part of the Bowie County system and quite possibly more GATRRS but when I search the FCC database I'm not getting matches which leads me to believe it might be some bleed over and skip combined. Still searching though, if the conditions will stay wobbly we'll get this stuff Identified.

You won't find those frequencies individually listed as they are part of the state license.

I would look for another control channel to go along with those 130 NAC frequencies.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Probably a site that nobody has found or documented and some were affiliating with it if its 700 trs and possibly patched to it for a operation from another system or talk group to said new discovered site.

Status
Not open for further replies.