700Mhz CCs in San Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Gentlemen,

I'm not finding any information about what seem to be a few control channels in the 790Mhz range. The thing thats weird is that of the control channels I am getting, none of the site information will come through on the PSR-500. Simply tuning to the control channel I'll see a split second worth of information like it's trying to identify a talkgroup, then loses it. I'm wondering if this is some mistake on my end because few of these CCs have similar sounds and none of these frequencies are licensed in Bexar County (not that every 700MHz public safety frequency is licensed in Texas- if someone can explain that to me as well). I'm at a loss of what these could possibly be for:

791.4125- CC sound with a consistent chirping beep

793.2375- has about 20 seconds of silence, rolls into a CC sound for 3-5 secs and ends in a beep. Sometimes goes into analog voice. heard two mentions of fireground, CW identifier (I knew I should have learned that!) Sounds related to San Antonio. Heard FTO then roll into the EDACS beeps.

793.26125- has inconsistent period of silence, rolls into a CC sound for 3-5 secs and ends in a beep.

793.6250- constant CC sound

793.7350- sounds like analog EDACS CC

793.93875- has inconsistent period of silence, rolls into a digi/data sound for 3-5 secs and ends in a beep. Rolled to analog voice once- mentioned "Grey Forest" an SA municipality and a TRS Tower on that system.

794.53125- sounds like analog EDACS CC

794.635- has inconsistent period of silence, rolls into a digi/data sound for 3-5 secs and ends in a beep. Could be a voice channel that this scanner is not demodulating. The various lengths in time of the data noise suggest this to me.

795.54875- digital CC sound

795-975- digital CC sound

795.995- digital CC sound

796.5975- sounds like an analog EDACS CC

796.820- has inconsistent period of silence, rolls into a digi/data sound for 3-5 secs and ends in a beep. Could be a voice channel that this scanner is not demodulating. The various lengths in time of the data noise suggest this to me.

796.8975-

This stuff definitely seems to be related to the San Antonio ProVoice system. However, when mentioning this stuff to davidbond21 he brought up a good point to my suggestion that it might be the "700MHz overlays" we've been hearing about; why would it be "the overlay" if it wasn't P25, which it definitely wasn't.

Here's to the community, hoping ya'll help figure this out. I think it's some big instance of overlooking something minor on my part...

Last edited:

nd5y

Base stations and repeaters should only be from 746-776 and mobiles from 776-806. You are probably hearing images from 800 MHz systems or something.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I used to hear these same things on the Pro96 when searching the 700 MHz band. When I would lock onto them and try to get the CC info, it wouldn't show anything. I figured out that it was an image of the local Entergy site. I figured out it was an image when I was told that 3600 baud control channels would never be used with 700 MHz since it is supposed to be all digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.