700mHz trunked system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibagli

I've recently been hearing what sounds like a Motorola control channel on 797.0500 from Licking County. I say sounds like because my PSR-500 won't recognize it as such. I also heard a digital transmission (not long enough to get any details) on 796.4875 with an NAC of 2D6. Anyone know what this might be?

steveh552

ibagli

Could this be the the counties mobile command truck they loaned heath in this issue?

I don't know what they're using it for if it is. All the command truck is being used for right now is in case the 911 center goes down because the Heath PD can't tone fire departments out.

steveh552

Could it be used for the Newark Police Mobile Data Terminals in the cars? I have been hearing officers as of lately asking for specific info, usually relatiing to suspects to be emailed to them in the cruisers.

ibagli

Any more information about this. I couldn't hear anything on the listed freq..

I'm still getting a signal on 797.050. I'm beginning to think it's just a quirk of my PSR-500, though. I'm also getting a data signal on 796.5375 that is completely identical to one on 866.3625. The NAC I got on the digital comms was identical to the one on MARCS, too.

Edit: I just listened to the Granville MARCS Control Channel and the mystery signal together, and it was like listening to it in stereo, so I'm going to assume it's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.